Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 19:04   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 2
Thanked: 16 Times
Smile What an evening!

Hello everyone!
Let me introduce myself by telling you a small story. Back to 2013, when I finally got my license, i just could not wait to get my hands on wheel, and also to sweep my leg over two wheels. Then finally when my license came, I kept requesting my father to teach me driving each and every day. He was very strict about not letting even touch the keys without getting a license. We also had a driver (still there), he was given the charge to teach me driving on our ford fiesta (now sold). And there you go, within 2 hours, I was able to drive on empty roads, then within 48 hours I was able to drive confidently on main roads as well. Four years down the lane, now in 2017, i am a completely evolved driver and a rider as well. Yes, in the same year, in 2013, i got my first bike, which is TVS Apache rtr 180.
When all this automobile craze was on its peak, I came across team-bhp and at what a wonderful timing. Was just a follower and finally now a member.

On the personal front,
I am Shreyas from Pune-Maharashtra, born in Belgaum-Karnataka (hometown). I am a student pursuing mechanical engineering and a complete automobile enthusiast, and can be crazy at times regarding this. Yes my parents have had tough times controlling me at instances. My other interests, besides automobiles is to travel and explore new places, and yes watching and playing cricket.

Cars/scooters/bikes we owned in the past
Maruti 800
Another Maruti 800
Maruti-Suzuki Wagon-R Lxi
Ford Fiesta Sxi
Chevrolet Beat
Maruti-Suzuki Swift Zdi
Honda Activa
Tvs Samurai
I miss each and every one of them.

Cars/scooters/bikes we currently own
Volkswagen Passat Trendline (yes the manual one with that impressive 2.0 tdi motor)
Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz Zdi+
Honda Activa 4g
Tvs Apache Rtr 180

Whenever i used to come across any bhpian, i always tried to start a conversation, and in return when they used to ask whether i am bhpian too? Every time I used say. "I would be" soon. And now i can say "I am"
dshreyas6 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:41   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: What an evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshreyas6 View Post
Then finally when my license came, I kept requesting my father to teach me driving each and every day. He was very strict about not letting even touch the keys without getting a license.
Curious to know how you got your license without knowing how to drive.

Last edited by MinivanDriver : 24th November 2017 at 21:42.
MinivanDriver is offline  
Old 24th November 2017, 22:08   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 2
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: What an evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Curious to know how you got your license without knowing how to drive.
This credit goes to my uncle, who taught me the basics and made me ready for the license test. Back then the test was not that hard or advanced as it is nowadays, the officer there just asked me to complete a semi-circle that's it. Lucky me
dshreyas6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 13:14   #4
BHPian
 
Omkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 448
Thanked: 3,638 Times
Default Re: What an evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshreyas6 View Post
Whenever i used to come across any bhpian, i always tried to start a conversation, and in return when they used to ask whether i am bhpian too? Every time I used say. "I would be" soon. And now i can say "I am"
Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Yes, in the same year, in 2013, i got my first bike, which is TVS Apache rtr 180.
Just curious, is this before the beast eyes headlamp design?

Quite a line-up of vehicles I must say and surely worth missing...

Quote:
Back then the test was not that hard or advanced as it is nowadays, the officer there just asked me to complete a semi-circle that's it. Lucky me
Same here, I had to do a complete circle on a very big ground and reverse the vehicle for my license.

Looking forward to your contributions on the motorbikes section as well as the cars you own. Be sure to go through the rules of posting on the forum.

Since you are doing Mechanical engineering, you'll find some interesting threads in the technical section.
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 20:01   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 2
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: What an evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Just curious, is this before the beast eyes headlamp design?
It is the beast eyes headlamp version, the earlier generation model was phased out and had no stocks remaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Quite a line-up of vehicles I must say and surely worth missing...
dshreyas6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
when do you get home in the evening? androdev Shifting gears 158 8th July 2015 11:02
Car Accident At Kanpur On the Evening of Holi. Need information. Sankar Shifting gears 0 17th April 2008 14:12
An Evening Joyride! pjbiju Street Experiences 6 14th December 2007 20:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks