Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2007, 10:14   #1
BHPian

Default Hiya....

Hi all,

Thanks for this great forum, back in my country after over a decade outside the country.... Good to be back... expecting to pick up my new Fiesta today or tomorrow... to tray and go fida... Been an auto enthusiast from childhood... my first bike was an Enfield Explorer way back in '84-'85 (oops the 100CC bikes were just coming in to our country then... I didnt have much choice other than the TVS 50 & BSA Bond or Falcon among the smaller bikes of that time, while doing my Engineering in Bangalore..) After 10 yrs of magnificient service (yes i was getting a mileage of 62 kmpl when i sold it in '95) I had to sell it while going abroad. Luckily was able to get my license in Dubai at my first attempt and the company provided me with a Daewoo Espero '95 (a sleek and sporty big brother of our old "Cielo")... Then I got my own Honda Civic in 1999 (bought it on 9/9/99) manual transmission (auto had not took off really well at that time) that was very unlikely for me as an Indian to buy a Honda when most of our fellow countrymen where stuck with either a Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sunny. Anyways... that was a great car...until I wanted an SUV and bought the Honda MRV (known as "Pilot" in the US) It was a dream car (yes i did 14months or research on all the avilable SUVs of the time). WoW is the word i would use for that Golden beauty...with a 3.5L engine powering 260 BHP... was a luxury on wheels both on tarmac and offroad (i mean the dessert sand). I miss my MRV here... tried the Scorpio, Tavera, Safari, Innova but decided to look at the Diesel option of the Fiesta and wait until a good SUV hits our roads....Hope by then I can get some good driving on my Fiesta SXi...fingers crossed...
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:47   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Join the club, sport....there are a lot of us awaiting an allrounder SUV for 15 lacs (or less). Interesting introduction!

Welcome to Team-BHP. Please familiarise yourself with the board rules section.
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jo-G,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Congrats on your Fiesta.
She is an amazing car and will treat you with love and care.
cheers!
Old 24th January 2007, 00:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp.
Enjoy your stay.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, Jo-G.

Look forward to more posts from you.
Closed Thread