Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2007, 20:05   #1

Default Ram Ram dosto

Hi Everybody,

I am Vikrocks from Delhi and currently residing in Hyderabad. I am a manager in Software firm. I like to drive drive and drive. I am sports freak and fitness is my religion.

I am very fond of long drives. From long I mean drives for a couple of thousand kilometers. I always drive to Delhi from Hyderabad and I do it without any night stay at all... only tea/food breaks...saves some time you know. Even on my usual days I just drive down any of the highways for a couple of hundred kilometers and back.

Though I can drive for any number of kilometers for any amount of time without any break at all and just love it, my favourite time to drive is nights. I absolutely love night drives.

U can say I was born to drive. If I had money i would have probably been driving in formula ones or rallys. I bought my own first car, a second hand Maruti 800 at the age of 20. Then bought Fiat Uno, then back to Maruti WagonR, and now Innova G4. Probabaly covered about 3 lack kilometes in last eight years.

I came to know about this site when I was checking for journey to Leh Via manali. I found this site really helpful and could not resist to join it.

I am looking forwrad to be with you on this site and read a lot of posts...also post a lot
Old 8th May 2007, 21:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ram Ram bhaiyya

Very nice and detailed review.

nice ladder.. M800->Uno->wagonR->Innova

Do read the rules and regulations..

Enjoy
Old 8th May 2007, 22:43   #3
BHPian

Wecome aboard,

THREE LAC KM IN 8 YEARS... It means more than a 100 KM per day... When do you work man??

Anyway, enjoy you stay here...
Old 8th May 2007, 22:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Vikrocks to Team-BHP! Well nice to meet someone else who loves to drive as much as I do!! Me & you do similar mileages, my yearly average is about 40-50k kms!!

Have fun here & be sure to read the rules!
Old 9th May 2007, 10:20   #5
BHPian

Welcome ..

Good jump from WagonR to Innova..
Old 9th May 2007, 10:49   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rocking intro, vidrocks. I love night-driving on the highways too though my family is sternly against it.

Welcome aboard.
Old 9th May 2007, 12:01   #7
BHPian

welcome aboard - i too have had alot of driving in the last 5 yrs and although I am not car oriented would love to have done my mileage on bike - bike crazy.
but the common stuff between u, GTO and me is night driving. Its something I still do and i dont know why.

cheers and have a nice time
Old 9th May 2007, 16:10   #8
BHPian

kaison ho bhaiya.ram ram

btw nice intro.hope to see you soon man.enjoy your stay
Old 9th May 2007, 17:53   #9

Default some more about me

Hi All, Good to find so many like minded people. Though I have recently joined I do not feel alone here. Thanks for being the way you are.

Some more about me- I am largely the way I am because of my girl friend who is now my wife. She is a perfect navigtor and really when I drive I just need to concentrate on the road and rest everything she takes care of. She just does not like to get out of the car and we call our cars our second home. And my dogs are mad about going for drives and my elder dog Mogli just wants to be on Wheel all the time.
Old 17th May 2007, 19:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikrocks View Post
I always drive to Delhi from Hyderabad and I do it without any night stay at all... only tea/food breaks...saves some time you know.
You should take loo breaks also, have consideration for co-passengers.

Just kidding, enjoy your stay here.
Old 17th May 2007, 19:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

ROM ROM to you too, Vicks - from another of the kind with restless wheels. I hope you give loo breaks to your dogs, as B&T rightly pointed out.
Old 24th May 2007, 15:03   #12

Smile Yes Offcourse

My dogs are really naughty. I give them breaks after every 2-3 hours and they just love it. My boy Mogli is just toooo naughty....he explores everything and sometime we need to give him bath...but my girl Krazie is really good she stays with us all the time.

I just do not like taking night haults. I take break after every 2-3 hours or if I see anything interesting...there is one good place near Baitul (MP) called LB Lawn where we hault for 2-2.5 hours...the food and embience are pretty decent...otherwise at every A1 Plaza.
Closed Thread