Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 8th July 2007, 19:22   #1
BHPian

Default Hey All,

Hi There,

At the outset I choose to introduce myself as "Srinivas" and currently reside in Bahrain. I head Middle East operations for a US based MNC and have been a car lover (Hope will improve to be called a Enthusiast) for a while now.

I own a Maruti 800 (1998 - White - Bought New) back home (Chennai) and have not sold it yet for it was my First Car and I simply love it. Its clocked about 50 K (KMS) to date and absolutely brilliant. The only modification (If i can please say that) is that I have cut the Gear shift by about 2 Inches and replaces the Boot (the rexine cover that MUL gives) with a Esteem Rubber Boot (Note : Previous model Rectangular one). I intend to improve the feel and performance of car as selling it is way out of the question. The only regret is that the 1997 model was a Carb based model !!! How I wish it was the injected model (Sigh !!). I plan having a Free Flow Exhaust and a Ait filter (a k&n) types installed and please do suggest if it will make a difference as it is a Carb Model.

The biggest blunder of my Automotive life (Well the wee little one that i have) is allowing my folks to sell the 1976 Fiat 1100 D car which we had and was single owned !!! .

My interests, well I love music of any kind exceptions of Heavy Metal of course. I love to travel and the best part my job requires me to travel around the world which is a super bonus !!!!

Future plans , intend to buy a convertible car (San storm - Based on affordability) , a 4x4 and a regular car (maybe a honda city types). Seems like I will buy a Used Gypsy for it will take care of the convertible and the 4x4 need !!! Yes I have read the threads on the gypsy !!!

My favorite pass time includes playing with my Hamster, and fooling around with my R/C ferrari (Spider)(Who says ferrari's are unafordable ???) and my R/C Helicopter !!!

I wish to thank all of the folks who's posts i have read on various issues and keep up the super good work folks !!!

Rgds,

Srini
Old 9th July 2007, 08:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post
The biggest blunder of my Automotive life (Well the wee little one that i have) is allowing my folks to sell the 1976 Fiat 1100 D car which we had and was single owned !!! .

Future plans , intend to buy a convertible car (San storm - Based on affordability)
Hi Srini,

Welcome aboard!

Judging from your intro, i think you will be interested in these two threads >

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...san-storm.html ( )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t=awesome+fiat

cya
R
Old 9th July 2007, 13:43   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, Srini. Avoid the San Storm like a plague; The Gypsy will be a far better choice and may turn out faster too!

Please do visit the board rules thread to understand our forum policies.
Old 9th July 2007, 13:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, Srinivas. Let me reiterate that bit of advice - avoid the San Storm like you avoid a Sand Storm in your part of the world.
Old 9th July 2007, 16:15   #5
BHPian

Hey,

Thanks Rehaan, GTO and Steeroid. Yes after viewing the thread as referred by Rehaan (exhaustive I must say !!) and having read what you have had to add , The san(d) storm has faded now !!!!! I am shocked though that we do not have a Convertible in India !!!! Imports are ruled out for want of spares and allied hassles. and Rehaan, the thread on the fiats, I must have seen that about a dozen times to date but then at least have resolved that I will try and locate my OLD car this time around in Chennai else buy a Fiat and attempt a restore, which will of course happen when I am back for good (maybe 3 years or so)

Seems like Gypsy it will be to take care of my 4x4 and convertible needs and why not (if I can source a used one cheap the better !!! ) My 800 Stays no matter what and perhaps a H-City types to drive around some place longer !!

Thanks, Cheers and have fun !!!
Closed Thread

« Hi.. All | Hey Guys »