Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 20th July 2007, 22:42   #1
BHPian

Default Failed to keep quiet!

I am Binoy, I like it when you call me Bino!

26 years old, working in an IT firm but no software language expertise!

I lead a team of Telecom engineers who design Telecom performance testing applications.

Right now in Hyderabad and the roots are still in Kerala (Palakkad Dist).

Drivography goes like this:
First (More own less Pappa's) 2 wheeler: Hero Honda CD100ss - 1992 (I still have him in my home at Kerala!)

First grip on wheel: MM Classic 4x4- 1993 (when i was in 8th class- on top of a Dam-Chulliyar Dam Palakkad- I almost steered it to a paddy field

First own car: Maruthi 800 - 2004(From Mandovi Motors-Truevalue Mangalore) I over burdened her to reach almost all the district of Karnataka when I was with Tata Teleservices Ltd - Now she is happy as my sister at Kerala takes good care of her(M800) by driving within her(of both M800 and my sis's) limits!

Second 2 wheeler : TVS Victor - 2005 (I still have him in my home at Kerala!)

Current vehicle: Tata Safari Dicor Lx 2007 March: Any thing i say would be definitely less! I was in love with this beast since I saw it on road (I think way back in 2004) Already reached Kerala 2500 Km (to+fro) once and all weekends are for long drives (if you call 200 to 400 long drive!) 7000+ done sofar in 5 months (I commute to office by 2 wheeler-Even Hyd is not easy to manage with 4 wheeler.

I love to, (it would be good to say what i dont!) go for extreme sports, I was an active member of Peak land explorers (a mountaineering and trekking club in palakkad-Kerala. I like Long drive and mad on that at times, when I was in Bangalore I used to ride herohonda alone at night to palakkad 420 Kms. I steered my Maruthi 800 from Mangalore to Hyderabad and Hyd Kerala trip is there for every 6 mnths. Now you know me and know why i paid 8L and got Safari!! Crazy, isnt it? Meet me if you are in Hyd or come here.

I read what Mods wrote about the introduction guidelines- "not one liners!" May be you guys rethink to keep an upper limits as well. Sorry to bug all a lot! I got verbal diarrhea!

Last but never the least- I love Team BHP for somewhat long time, i did researches here before I booked my new vehicle. (Just to get points to oppose when my parents advocating for Innova)

Bit long Thread heh?
Happy Driving
Old 20th July 2007, 23:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nice intro Bino. Hmmm... so you are another in the legion of Safari fans we have here in this forum. Safari is really THE vehicle to take on long highway drives.

Has your Safari been totally trouble free in these 5 months? Or did you face some niggling issues? How were they sorted out? Why don't you visit a related Safari thread on this forum and update us on your Safari experience. We have a whole lot of aspiring Safari buyers on this forum you know?

And by the way, no upper limits on Intro threads (actually we do not have it for any section). It only helps us know you better.
Old 20th July 2007, 23:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Upper limits?

Naa... you're welcome to say as much as you want (as long as we can understand it and it doesnt offend anyone.)
Old 21st July 2007, 00:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great will like to see descriptive travelogues (since you have a Safari and worry about upper limits).
Closed Thread