Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2007, 02:45   #1
BHPian

Post Hi everybody!!! Indica Xeta GLG rocks

Hi Everyone,
I am Sabyasachi, an IT consultant from Kolkata. Definitely a latecomer in the enchanting world of Automobiles. Thanks to 1100D for giving me the initial thrust.
Its really fascinating to see this forum. Its basically a one-stop for anything you need to know. Kudos to all of you guys!

Last but not the least; my chariot is a silver grey 1.4lts Tata Indica Xeta GLG. Recently I replaced the stock tyres and rims with 14"X6"JJ Plati alloy rims and Goodyear GT3 165x65R14 tubeless tyres.

Looking forward to more suggestions and opinions from the experts. Hoping to have a enjoyable ride with team bhp.

Ciao,
Sabyasachi.
Old 28th August 2007, 03:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy, may you have as much fun with your ride as you have with your Guitar belting out the RD strings impeccably. RD rocks. (So does Kishore. So does Asha. Rest can be forgiven!!)
Old 28th August 2007, 03:14   #3
BHPian

Its impossible to feel the adrenaline rush and hear the revving of the engine in the crowded roads of Kolkata. There is very small time in the day when you can actually leave the others behind and aim for the horizon. With the eastern metropolitan bypass bottlenecked with traffic jams at every major crossing, its not exactly a very pleasant ride.

Even then, being in the industry where night is day, I do get the liberty of owning the bypass on days when I leave office when everythings silent, and then I yell silently "I AM THE KING" and let my xeta roll at will.

However, as everyone has mentioned,its a fact that speeding is never good, in fact does no good to anybody! But hey, once in a while its fun isn't it ? Who's going drag racing?

Ciao,
Sabyasachi.
Old 28th August 2007, 03:17   #4
BHPian

1100D, with my Sony Xplod FX5710 and Six speakers in the XETA, Kishore and Asha does rock night and day in my car to the tunes of "BOSS". I am planning to fit an amp and subwoofers. Any suggestions ? budget is not more than 10000.
Old 28th August 2007, 04:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Check the ICE section. RD stuff actually requires a real nice ICE setup that can belt out frequencies in all possible ranges, because of the variety of instruments he always used to use. Sometimes when listening to his numbers on a better music sytem we do get to hear some sounds we have not heard/noticed on a lesser system. Perhaps what you do there can be an indicator for me as well.

Team Bhp does not promote street racing.
Old 28th August 2007, 11:29   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, Sabyasachi. Good to hear that you are happy with the Xeta....how many kms up? And why a petrol over a diesel in a Tata?

Do also read the board rules to understand our forum protocol.
Old 28th August 2007, 12:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hiya there. So you've finally decided to sign up here. Welcome aboard.

10K budget for ICE upgrade eh ? Man you are in soup, just as I am right now. Flexibility of budget is the key word in ICE
Old 28th August 2007, 13:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard, Sabyasachi. Good to hear that you are happy with the Xeta....how many kms up? And why a petrol over a diesel in a Tata?

Do also read the board rules to understand our forum protocol.
Thanks GTO. Its been a year and 4 months now. The odometer reads 23000+. Liked the Indica for the space and sedan like feel when one seats inside. Did not like the diesel for the sound it makes. Took a bit of guidance from 1100D. He okayed the Xeta. If only the power was a bit higher, the Xeta would have excelled in all quarters. However, it seems that Tata has toned down the 1.4 L engine so that it runs cool on my pocket too. Otherwise, I loved the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Hiya there. So you've finally decided to sign up here. Welcome aboard.

10K budget for ICE upgrade eh ? Man you are in soup, just as I am right now. Flexibility of budget is the key word in ICE
Shuvc, tell me something. Are you happy with the sumokoo active subwoofer ? Or do you think I should go for a amp and sub. I have a pair of 6x9 ovals, a pair of 6" rounds on the front doors, and the standard sony speakers for the dash. 10000 is the max that I would spend. I have already gone overboard with the alloy+tubeless upgrade.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th August 2007 at 01:42. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 28th August 2007, 19:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Will suggest getting into the ICE section. There are a lot of experts there and who knows given that you may not change the HU, 10k (+- SOMETHING) can land you up in decency.
Old 28th August 2007, 22:21   #10
BHPian

Sabyasachi what's the mileage you are getting on the Xeta 1.4. and how do you find the low end tourqe, what's the top speed you were able to achieve and some pictures will definetely be welcomed.

Good to know you are enjoying the Xeta, any issues with the reliablity factor? and last but not the least, your personal experience with the AC of the Car.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:52   #11
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP. Enjoy your stay
Old 29th August 2007, 01:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Sabyasachi what's the mileage you are getting on the Xeta 1.4. and how do you find the low end tourqe, what's the top speed you were able to achieve and some pictures will definetely be welcomed.

Good to know you are enjoying the Xeta, any issues with the reliablity factor? and last but not the least, your personal experience with the AC of the Car.
Hi Musicmanaman, well I am not fond of speeding too much. However the max that I have done is 120-125 kmph once on the Rajarhat express highway(when the stretch was better!). But only once to such limits. No more.
As far as the performance of the car is concerned :
My Xeta has quite a good pull. The low end torque is good and on flat roads you can move the car around at around 40 kmph without hitting the accelerator. Try keeping the rpm within 1 to 2k and you get the best performance out of this car. Although it has a 1.4 lt engine, it does not act liek one since the microprocessor ladder logic has been toned down by Tata Motors for better mileage. If you can have some one tweak them. Any of the Tata Motors workshops can do it for you.
Due to the weight of the car, vibration is minimal once you cross 50kmph. Above 80-85 kmph its smooooth ride.1 As for the mileage I am getting 12-13 kmpl steady since I bought it.(with 30% AC usage) .

As for the AC, these were my observations. Its better than the Indica LSi/Lxi Acs. However on very hot days you need to perk up to the full fan speeds to have desirable effects. But those days are less common in Kolkata. Driving with the AC on is a genuine drawback. The drag is not good at all. A little slope can slow you down. However with a judicious use of the gear shifts you can negotiate this problem.
The steering position could have been lower and the seats a bit longer for thighs to rest a bit.

let me know if I can be of any more help.
As for photos, I will definitely post some. I need to take few first.

Cheers,
Old 29th August 2007, 01:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Just join a T-BHP meet and you'll get snaps taken automatically
Old 29th August 2007, 03:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

His car is one of those pampered machines, right from the moment it landed from the godown truck. We drove it when it had just 13 kms on board (the distance between the showroom and our office). We saw to it that this car was not given out for any test drive. The low-end grunt of this car is still better than the earlier Indicas. With the kind of driving he puts on (read that he almost never explores his redline), thats all he needs.

I wish the steering position was any different. Its perched too high for my liking. It feels like I am hanging on to it for dear life.

However first drive impression wise no other Indica comes close to the Indica2000. It also had the right suspension settings to have fun.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

welcome sabyasachi - enjoy your stay here. see you soon. we are planning for a meet - for details see this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ptember07.html
Closed Thread