Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 29th August 2007, 14:09   #1
BHPian

Default Brand Ambassador BMW-X5 !!!

Hi everybody,

This is Mohammed Rafi, I'm a S/W engineer by profession. Born and brought up in Perinthalmanna (a small town in kerela).Itz been 3 years and 3 months since I relocated to Bangalore. Cars were/are my passion from the childhood. As part of my job I had to travel to US, UK, Singapore and UAE.I feel India is the best place to live when comparing with all these countries except for cars and good roads...!!!!

I have started my association with Team-BHP since 2006 March when we were in search for a replacement to our 7 year old m-800.
It took me almost a year to be a member of Team-BHP though I was going thru almost all the threads since the day one I have seen Team-BHP. Donít ask me why ...? I really donít know why I delayed my entry to Team-BHP.

Now a little bit about the cars we own.

Current cars we own.

Right now I own a superior white WagonR Lxi 2006 in Bangalore.

Have another 3 maruti vehicles at my family

2000 - m800 Met.green (My sister drives this)
2006 - Baleno midnight black (lxi) (My bother drives this )
2007 - WagonR Passion Red Lxi-Duo (Our family Car)

And now about the beauties we have sold out.

99 Caarrib- Bule - M800 (Echanged With the Baleno)

1988 Merc 190E Silver (Sold out 3 months back @ UAE when my brother returned to India

I used to take out this beauty for my weekend trips when i was in UAE (2003-2004)

Finally few words about my user name. This is the only car I fell in love with at first sight.

Regards,
Rafi
Old 29th August 2007, 14:55   #2
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, and my best wishes to get your TBHPname parked in your garage soon.

your town, Perinthalmanna, reminded me about a long lost friend of mine. thanks for that.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:25   #3
BHPian

Thanks ..Dude !!!

After reading your reply yesterday i had nice dream ....!!!!

Yes i saw my Black X5 Parked in my garage along with my white WagonR !!!!
Old 30th August 2007, 18:33   #4
BANNED

Welcome onboard Rafi!
Nice to see another one from down south. It took you one whole year??? Surprise it is.

Go thru the rules and announcements section to make yourself happy with the way this forum operates. I am sure you should have done it in last one year!

Another good thing I noted is that you didn't throw off your WagonR when your T-BHP name appeared in your garage. Good! Hold on to your dreams.

Have a nice time here and enjoy!
Old 31st August 2007, 11:20   #5
BHPian

Thanks Speedzak,

Even in my wildest dreams i cant even think off throwing her (WagonR) off !!!!Doesnt matter who ever joins my garage she would be like the elder sister to the new additions !!!

Few words about her ...

Returns consistent FE of 14+ with 35-50% AC on in Bagalore city traffic.
On long drives she returns 18-20 !!!!

Right now i'm planning to get her new footware ...almost narrow downed to G111 potenza 165/60 R13 or Micheline XM1 155/65 R13.
Closed Thread