Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2007, 12:07   #1
afg

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

I am Adil Gotla from Mumbai. I am a 38 year young chartered accountant working for a large IT company in the mergers and acquisitions department. These are surely interesting times. Hope they last.

Frankly, my knowledge about cars is as good as naught but I do want to learn and this forum is a great platform. My interests are primarily singing (old hindi songs, especially Kishore Kumar, not the new crap), audio equipment, cricket and reading.

List of cars I have owned/used so far are an Amby, Maruti 1000, Maruti van, Maruti 800 and Fiat Palio 1.2. Just sold the Palio to buy a second hand Optra. I would love to get a new Optra but a) my car usage is minimal (my Palio clocked an astounding 12,000 kms in 5 years) and b) my wife wants to invest the money in holidays rather than on any kind of wasteful expenditure (according to her) like a car. I was averse to buying a big car due to parking shortage in our building compound but have taken the plunge with the Optra.

Anyway, it is good to be a part of this forum and wish it all the success.
Old 25th September 2007, 04:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afg View Post
my wife wants to invest the money in holidays rather than on any kind of wasteful expenditure (according to her) like a car.
The solution is simple : Driving holidays! lol. Check out our travelogues section, or rather, show it to your wife

cya
R
Closed Thread