Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th November 2007, 12:15   #1
BHPian

Smile Team-bhp: An Incurable addiction for now

... Well, I know, I know ... yet another newbie from Bangalore

Finally decided to register with this cool community, playing the 'guest' role was getting boring.

I've got a lot to thank team-bhp for. It's 'effectively' managed to waste my time at work, spend a lot of money on things 'not necessary' and buy a car that I thought I had absolutely 'no use' of, at the moment. well, you know I'm jus kidding.

There's been such a lot of information around here, that's it's almost a one-stop resource, on so many things ... thanks to which I managed to choose/buy a new car (special thanks to Jaggu), ICE it up (thanks to the audio gurus), get it fitted with tyres & alloys. well, it's a long list and I don't want people to go *yawn* on my very first post.

Well, i own a Swift Diesel and I love it to bits, it's all the more special because I got it delivered on my b'day (pure coincidence, believe me) ... that was me gifting myself a car for all those selfless years of service to mankind (pun intended) . My dream car would be a Porsche 911 GT3 or still better the 911 Turbo.

Music & travelling would rate high on the list of hobbies I love indulging in. Have my share of long distance drives from back in college and did a Vellore-Goa with a group of friends on my dad's Mahindra Marshall (of course, they didn't have to know about it, till later). Couple of trips down south to Kerala (Munnar, Allepey), coastal Karnataka (Gokarna, Mangalore), Pondicherry, Nilgiris and south Tamil Nadu. And there's a trip to Mumbai on the GQ waiting to happen (inspiration from Autocar), so I'm hoping to keep the Travelogue section busy.

Again, thumbs up to this community and to the people who've made this forum so awesomely awesome. Thanks.

P.S: As much as I hate the 'only two smilies' rule, I'm hoping it finally cures me off using smileys as punctuations *smile*
Old 7th November 2007, 13:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum RufRoc, that was a very nice intro!! Seems like you'll fit in nicely here, so from now on don't be the "Guest" anymore!

See you around & have fun!
Old 7th November 2007, 13:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice happy intro RuffRoc. Welcome to Team-BHP!
Old 7th November 2007, 13:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, and no you dont sound like a Guest!

Nice intro there.
Old 8th November 2007, 09:18   #5
BHPian

Post Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome
Closed Thread