Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2005, 01:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Hi all!

Hi everyone! I stumbled across these forums the other day and, having lurked around for a while, decided to register. It's nice to have an India-specific car enthusiast's forum. Who and when was this forum started? Great idea!

About me, I live in Bombay, drive a Getz and a Mondeo, have always loved cars and racing and am a die hard F1 fanatic!
Old 23rd January 2005, 07:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75
It's nice to have an India-specific car enthusiast's forum. Who and when was this forum started? Great idea!
Hey man,

Welcome aboard!

To answer your questions....i swear we had a "The history of TBHP & how it came into being" thread....but i just cant seem to find it!!

This thread might help you out a bit - Know your moderators (Know your Moderators), but major credit goes to GTO who has conceived and created what we now know are TBHP!

cya
R
Old 23rd January 2005, 09:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard kbk_75!! Enjoy your stay!
Old 23rd January 2005, 13:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

welkome kbk_75!!

a mondeo - thats one mean machine u got there !! is it stock or modded ?? share some pics if u can !!

cheers
Old 23rd January 2005, 15:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey kbk_75,
welcum.
how abt writing abt ur Getz ,as it's performance info is still unknown to most of us.
also,wat abt ur mondeo-a petrol or the Duratec

cheers,
satya
Old 23rd January 2005, 19:38   #6
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP forum ....... this is the best forum you can find online for Indian Auto enthusiast ...
How is your Getz .. does it really get you there without any problems .. how is its performance ?
Old 23rd January 2005, 21:26   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

About me, I live in Bombay, drive a Getz and a Mondeo, have always loved cars and racing and am a die hard F1 fanatic!
Thats some nice taste in cars you have there, pal. Welcome to Team-BHP.

GTO
Old 23rd January 2005, 22:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey, welcome to teambhp, try and post some pics of the mondeo.

Drifter
Old 24th January 2005, 09:29   #9
BHPian

Welome mate!!
Mondeo, man I jus luv the car!!
Enjoy u'r stay here!!
Old 24th January 2005, 12:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
welkome kbk_75!!

a mondeo - thats one mean machine u got there !! is it stock or modded ?? share some pics if u can !!

cheers
It's stock (except for the tyres)! Never felt the need to mod it in any way. There's plenty of torque from low down in the rev range, so I never need to drop a gear when I need to pass something. Also it pulls past 200 without any effort, so honestly, there's no need to mess around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
how abt writing abt ur Getz, as it's performance info is still unknown to most of us. also, wat abt ur mondeo-a petrol or the Duratec
The Getz's performance...well here's a funny story. I was asked by some bystanders once what I thought of the car's performance, and I told them not to buy the car if they were looking for performance. Then on the way home I thought of what I said, and tbh, it was harsh. You see, the problem is I've been driving a car with 140+ bhp and 190 nm for three years, so obviously this little city runabout is going to feel like a slug in comparison. That was when I realised that the guy who was asking would probably have wanted to know how it fared vs the Zens, Altos, Santros, etc. So here's my verdict...

The Getz' performance is good for a smallish car. Hyundai's specific output has never been its strong-point, but still 82 bhp is adequate for city use. In town there's always enough pep to do whatever you like. Where the car does feel underpowered is in low-range torque, particularly out on the expressway, but nothing that a quick down-shift or two won't solve. My car's now 4 months old, so the engine has opened up nicely, and it pulls eagerly when pressed. It doesn't feel like it's being flogged even when pressed hard (like the Accent does, despite this engine being a derivative of the Accent engine). So that's about that. I guess the CRDi Getz when it launches will take care of any low-range torque issues, and since its max power is similar, it should be quite good. Only thing is I wonder how well they will insulate the car from NVH.

As for the Mondeo it is a 2 Litre Duratec Petrol. The diesel version is called the Duratorq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
How is your Getz ... does it really get you there without any problems
So far no problems at all. The car is very reliable, very easy to drive and I'm very happy with it. Hyundai's service has been excellent so far.

Since you guys are asking for pics of the Mondeo, I've got a few from when the car was new, so I'll post them (these were with the stock tyres) if someone can tell me how to attach pictures!
Old 25th January 2005, 21:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

hi kbk, nice wheels man, excellent selection of wheels.
Old 26th January 2005, 00:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mods! How do I post attachments for God's sake? It says "You may not post attachments" under Posting rules. Is that because I haven't made enough posts or something?

Edit: OK, had a bit of a brain fart back there! Mondy pics coming up...!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 26th January 2005 at 00:58.
Old 26th January 2005, 01:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th January 2005 at 05:49.
Old 26th January 2005, 01:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Here's a pic of my old City and its wheel!

Old 26th January 2005, 01:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Here's some pics of me rocking an M3 at Rockingham!

Closed Thread