Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2005, 10:31   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Vulken Auto

Hey Guys,

I m kalyan staying in hyderabad. Recently came from US after my MBA , ...PHD . My first car was a gold v6 Camaro 3.6L around 200+ horses . It was pretty fast with good acceleration. I checked it went 0-60miles in 4.5 sec remaining I dont know. It was my fav car. Then I moved on to an slk 230 which was cool with hardtop convertible. Then moved on to a Z4. I repented after selling my camaro, so bought one more after wards. It was a v8 with awsome power. Although didnt have much time to do modifications I really like my ride. Need a cool ride for indian roads?? SPORTY STUFF PLEASE SUGGEST Well good meeting to guys . I never thought people modify their cars in India like this Lookin to start a styling kits unit for indian cars. see you guys around. I need lot of friends with great ideas.
Old 27th January 2005, 11:02   #2
BHPian

Welcome to tbhp mate!!
You'l definetly get all u'r answers here..
Enjoy u'r stay here.....
Old 27th January 2005, 11:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vulken

Impressive cars u've owned there. I love the Camaro esp the older ones. Which model was yours anyways? Do u have pics?

Anyways welcome to TB and I'm sure you'll make many friends here

Dippy
Old 27th January 2005, 11:45   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VULKEN AUTO
Lookin to start a styling kits unit for indian cars. I need lot of friends with great ideas.
Well in that case you are totally in the right place!
Welcome aboard.
Sounds like the Z4 and SLK couldnt couldnt fill the huge hole the camaro had left! but from a V6 to a V8 camaro....thats a good deal!

When you say you are looking for a "cool ride for indian roads" do you mean ur planning to import (as judging from your supra thread..?).

How about getting an EVO or a WRX and pumping that baby up? Seems like they are the perfect cars for indian road IMO, although they lack the flashyness.... which is another thing i like....but might not be to your liking?

cya
R
Old 27th January 2005, 15:46   #5
BHPian

Hey , Kalyan .... Welcome to the TBHP Forum from another Hyderabadi .... its very nice to know that you are from Hyd .... there are quite a few of us Hyderabadis here .....
Good to see that you are really interested in setting up a styling kit centre in Hyd...
maybe we can meet up and chat up as i too am very much interested in styling and modding the automobiles and boosting their performance also
Old 27th January 2005, 16:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I m kalyan staying in hyderabad. Recently came from US after my MBA , ...PHD . My first car was a gold v6 Camaro 3.6L around 200+ horses . It was pretty fast with good acceleration. I checked it went 0-60miles in 4.5 sec remaining I dont know. It was my fav car. Then I moved on to an slk 230 which was cool with hardtop convertible. Then moved on to a Z4. I repented after selling my camaro, so bought one more after wards. It was a v8 with awsome power..
gud to have u on this site vulken..

btw a v6 camaro has a 3.8L motor ..pushes only 200 bhp ..and i have never ever seen a v6 camaro do a 0 to 60 in 4.5sec (personal experience of dragging a lotta camaros ) , so sinceu said u never had time to modd ur cars thr is no way u cud have got a true speedi n such time ..In stock trim, the Z28 (a V8) is capable of mid to low 13 second quarter miles above 100mph and 0-60 in the 5.0 range...

damn .. u must be really into american muscle ..to prefer a z28 to a z4 ..

cheers
Old 27th January 2005, 17:21   #7
BHPian

HMM I think its 4.5 dude. Dont recollect if it was already modified, think it is a stock car 2000. I remember 4.5 because I had a bet with my friend abt it. well long time back may be 4 years. well yes I am altime fav of Camaro. All the girls liked it that way. hmmmm. I still have the z28 back in US. before comin I put 345/18 at the back and 275/17 in the front.Trying to get it but left hand drive ?? HEY GUYS HELP ME PLEASE I give you the car for 2 days if you help me get it here.... hahaha
Old 27th January 2005, 19:35   #8
BHPian

Guys, believe me v8 Z28 is a lot different car than a v6 3.6L . Leave the quantity of oil u pour into the sump, u need bigger tires, v6 come stock with 215/16 with around 4 quats of oil in the sump. v8 exhaust is very different, 245/17 with base stock, 6 quats of oil, dipstick to check the transmission oil it might gulp 3 quats there. I am a fan of camaros because of its seatin style very apt I didnt even find in a c-class here. well you can squick your tires in an auto transmission at 80 miles. well no traction what so ever. I had lost the end 100s of times in a v6 with 215/16 and had 4 accidents. when it rains the performance car is a mess, u slip off what so ever at 60. Used to have a radar jammer for cops. but recently in ohio it didnt work since they have laser guns. got lot of tickets and points and wrote lot of exams. It still was fun with those kind of roads, cars AND blondes. the only thing that can stop you is LAW that too with fines heavy fines. I might have contributes 10k $ easily. well guys Who go to US I suggest have a LIFE TIME experience with A camaro v6 initially, well not made any more, so seconds.. and pay $350 bucks on insurance every month...AHAHAH

ENJOY
Old 27th January 2005, 20:46   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the only thing that can stop you is LAW that too with fines heavy fines. I might have contributes 10k $ easily. well guys Who go to US I suggest have a LIFE TIME experience with A camaro v6 initially, well not made any more, so seconds.. and pay $350 bucks on insurance every month...AHAHAH
ENJOY
When I read your first post I wondered how much auto insurance you must be paying. Assuming you are unmarried and below 25, it must be huge for cars like Camaro. I've known people who were paying more for insurance than towards the car loan payments. But then I lived in NJ, the auto insurance hell.... I had heard of a guy who paid $21K every year in auto insurance...

Not to mention cars like Camaro are COP magnets.

Anyway, welcome back to India where cops hardly stop you in highways for speeding. And your insurance doesn't depend on your driving record.

Last edited by Samurai : 27th January 2005 at 20:52.
Old 28th January 2005, 00:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Guys, believe me v8 Z28 is a lot different car than a v6 3.6L . Leave the quantity of oil u pour into the sump, u need bigger tires, v6 come stock with 215/16 with around 4 quats of oil in the sump. v8 exhaust is very different, 245/17 with base stock, 6 quats of oil, dipstick to check the transmission oil it might gulp 3 quats there.
ENJOY
but i still cant believe that u managed 0-60 in 4.5 seconds in a stock v6 ..z28 i can still imagine getting there in 5 secs provided u shifted at the right revs ...
must have been a speedo error .. what size wheels were u riding ?
anyways nevermind

cheers
Old 1st February 2005, 16:47   #11
BHPian

Right it was 0-60 kmph which I was talkin abt not Mph, the camaro z28 goes 0-60mph in 5.5 sec.
Closed Thread