Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 15:29   #1
Newbie
 
Etrnlwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Hello folks :)

Hi, this is Anupe. I'm based in Ernakulam and am a life insurance guy ( ok stop running away from my thread right now, I promise I wont be harassing you!!)
My mentor in the insurance field (known as kb100 here) was the person who introduced me to this forum sometime last year, and since then I have been peeping in, once in awhile but never really took the last step to registering myself here.
I know its pretty obvious, but this site is a virtual treasure trove of info and that's why I realised that I HAD to be a member too, and so... here I am.
Btw, some additional, if unimportant info regarding myself... am a chronic bachelor.. avid video gamer, gadget geek, part time alcoholic, full time smoker.
I drive an Ikon 1.6 and am looking for a new scooter to replace my prehistoric Kinetic Marvel. (Kind of decided on the Suzuki Access, but still caught in two minds)
Anyways... that's the long and short of it. I plan to be around here very regularly ( 1000 posts is my initial goal)
Take care

Last edited by normally_crazy : 31st March 2008 at 15:57. Reason: Read the rules - Only 2 smilies per post allowed
Etrnlwanderer is offline  
Old 31st March 2008, 17:32   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Hello Anupe! Have fun on the forum!

*Rags quickly makes a mental note to not give his phone number to Anupe!

iraghava is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 08:50   #3
BHPian
 
esteemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 135
Thanked: Once
Smile

Welcome aboard and have a nice stay here.

Do post your scooter query in the What Car sec.
esteemer is offline  
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:53   #4
Newbie
 
Etrnlwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thank you for the welcome, iraghava and esteemer
*makes a note to get Rags number a few months down the line when he forgets that I'm an insurance guy*
Etrnlwanderer is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,635
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
Hi, this is Anupe. I'm based in Ernakulam and am a life insurance guy ( ok stop running away from my thread right now, I promise I wont be harassing you!!)
My mentor in the insurance field (known as kb100 here) was the person who introduced me to this forum sometime last year, and since then I have been peeping in, once in awhile but never really took the last step to registering myself here.
I know its pretty obvious, but this site is a virtual treasure trove of info and that's why I realised that I HAD to be a member too, and so... here I am.
Btw, some additional, if unimportant info regarding myself... am a chronic bachelor.. avid video gamer, gadget geek, part time alcoholic, full time smoker.
I drive an Ikon 1.6 and am looking for a new scooter to replace my prehistoric Kinetic Marvel. (Kind of decided on the Suzuki Access, but still caught in two minds)
Anyways... that's the long and short of it. I plan to be around here very regularly ( 1000 posts is my initial goal)
Take care
Hi , welcome to TBHP.

KB is you mentor when it come to job or rest of stuff too?

And hows KB's ICE? Hope you have heard it and about it.

About Access, I like its looks. Also check out the new Aviator.
jkdas is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 07:07   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,819
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Welcome to Team BHP. Do go through the rules in the Announcements section.

There is a very active little group in Cochin these days - keep an eye out on the Team BHP meets section and you will find an announcement invariably out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
My mentor in the insurance field (known as kb100 here) was the person who introduced me to this forum
Scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
Btw, some additional, if unimportant info regarding myself... am a chronic bachelor.. avid video gamer, gadget geek, part time alcoholic, full time smoker.
Scarier still - you are allowed to meet upto a maximum of 3 eligibility criteria out of 5. People who meet all of our eligibility criteria are either banned or are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
I plan to be around here very regularly (1000 posts is my initial goal)
Welcome once again, but the insurance sector must be an easy place to work in considering the low target you've set for yourself.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 07:37   #7
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
Btw, some additional, if unimportant info regarding myself... am a chronic bachelor.. avid video gamer, gadget geek, part time alcoholic, full time smoker.
Man...you're living the good life are'nt you? welcome to team BHP. hope you join us on our famous/notorious meets soon.
rippergeo is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:01   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,819
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Man...you're living the good life are'nt you?
Let me guess - you're referring to the 'chronic bachelor' part, arent ya?
Steeroid is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:04   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 119
Thanked: Once
Default

Nice intro and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
am a chronic bachelor.. avid video gamer, gadget geek, part time alcoholic, full time smoker.
.... ( 1000 posts is my initial goal) ...
Hmm.. I wonder if you have sufficient time to work? Just kidding
sreenidhibr is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:07   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Let me guess - you're referring to the 'chronic bachelor' part, arent ya?
aww..come on, it isnt all bad. what I'm really envious of is the gaming and the gadgets.
rippergeo is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:09   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
aww..come on, it isnt all bad. what I'm really envious of is the gaming and the gadgets.
Yeah right! We believe you!!
iraghava is offline  
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:59   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,320
Thanked: 3,661 Times
Default

Quote:
rippergeo : aww..come on, it isnt all bad. what I'm really envious of is the gaming and the gadgets.
Doubt he can get much of both without the first. To top it, he's got two more coming up.

Isn't that why Steer's taking aim ?
Quote:
Steer : People who meet all of our eligibility criteria are either banned or are dead.
condor is offline  
Old 11th April 2008, 22:25   #13
Newbie
 
Etrnlwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hi , welcome to TBHP.

KB is you mentor when it come to job or rest of stuff too?

And hows KB's ICE? Hope you have heard it and about it.

About Access, I like its looks. Also check out the new Aviator.
Mentor as far as insurance goes, but it doesnt stop me picking his brains for anything under the sun!
He's in CBE, so I havent had much of a chance to check out his ICE, but of the little bit I heard, man... it ROCKS!! Maybe next time I'm in CBE he'll let me sleep in the car... did I say sleep? I mean he can let me sit all night in it checking out the ICE ... then I'll give you a proper head up on the stuff.
I plonked for the Access, but its got a 2 month wait.. so I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs for the time being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome to Team BHP. Do go through the rules in the Announcements section.

There is a very active little group in Cochin these days - keep an eye out on the Team BHP meets section and you will find an announcement invariably out..
Thank you for the welcome... I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Scary!



Scarier still - you are allowed to meet upto a maximum of 3 eligibility criteria out of 5. People who meet all of our eligibility criteria are either banned or are dead.
Haha, I hoped to have met all 5 of the eligibility criteria. Would've given me a chance to strut about as the "last guy still standing" ( not interested in the ban part of it )


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome once again, but the insurance sector must be an easy place to work in considering the low target you've set for yourself.
I think I typo'd on that one, I meant 10,000 posts actually

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th April 2008 at 23:56. Reason: merged.
Etrnlwanderer is offline  
Old 11th April 2008, 22:33   #14
Newbie
 
Etrnlwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Man...you're living the good life are'nt you? welcome to team BHP. hope you join us on our famous/notorious meets soon.
Thank you! I do hope there's a meet coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenidhibr View Post
Nice intro and welcome.



Hmm.. I wonder if you have sufficient time to work? Just kidding
Thank you for the welcome. I think I just about manage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yeah right! We believe you!!
*Pats rippergeo on the back* See? Rags ACTUALLY believes you!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th April 2008 at 23:56. Reason: merged
Etrnlwanderer is offline  
Old 11th April 2008, 23:19   #15
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

everyone gets married sooner or later. i'll be doing all the believing and patting then, after having weathered all the rough patches. we'll see who has the last laugh

BTW- you missed tonights meet.

Last edited by rippergeo : 11th April 2008 at 23:21.
rippergeo is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Folks! rajneeesh Introduce yourself 2 22nd July 2007 09:44
Hello Folks kastaway Introduce yourself 1 29th July 2006 16:06
Hello folks Prashast Introduce yourself 2 5th July 2006 16:41
Hello Folks! Here's my intro and I need your openion.. DaPilot Introduce yourself 4 21st March 2006 10:52
Hello folks velocity Introduce yourself 5 28th July 2005 01:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks