Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 2nd April 2008, 22:21   #1
BHPian

Talking Namaste to all

Hello wonderful members of Team-BHP. My name is Srijit and I live in Trivandrum.

I have been reading through the forums for a long time but have put off registering or posting because I have no plans to buy a car in the near future ( Maybe after 3 years )

I am an Internet Marketer and I work from my home in Sasthamangalam, which is wonderful for me.
I came to know about Team-BHP from google and have been reading the forum for a long time now. I really liked the photography threads, especially the one with speeedzak and the pizza guy.

I drive a stock Maruti Alto ( my mom's ) and a stock Pulsar 180.

The car(s) I really like is the Skoda Octavia and Laura. But it is a shame that the spare are too costly and that there are no extended warranties.
I am also interested in an affordable SUV/MUV and really liked jkdas's new ride ( which I guess is what made me post here )

I have been reading through a lot of the Kerala meets and it seems that you guys are quite active. I must try to get in on the next one.

That is all, I guess...

ps: the forum rules about smilies are gonna kill me
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
I am an Internet Marketer and I work from my home in Sasthamangalam, which is wonderful for me.

The car(s) I really like is the Skoda Octavia and Laura. But it is a shame that the spare are too costly and that there are no extended warranties.
I am also interested in an affordable SUV/MUV and really liked jkdas's new ride ( which I guess is what made me post here )
Is there enough money in Internet Marketing to be able to buy Lauras after working from home? This sounds really interesting!

Quote:
ps: the forum rules about smilies are gonna kill me
Better you than us

Do go through all the rules in the announcements section.
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Is there enough money in Internet Marketing to be able to buy Lauras after working from home? This sounds really interesting!
At the moment no The $$ has really tanked in value, so currently I am in saving mode. Maybe after 2 or 3 years I can get one
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Srijit Welcome to TBHP.

Would like to know more about your work from home job as I have seen a lot of advertisments about it but would like to know how it really works.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd April 2008 at 00:10.
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard srijit!

Usually we try and keep internet marketers off the forum

Quote:
...especially the one with speeedzak and the pizza guy.
LOL! Had totally missed that one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Better you than us
Hehehe. Well said.

cya
R
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:04   #6
BHPian

Hello srijith,I am from Alappuzha and it's gud to know that this forum is filled with more and more (car)mad guys from kerala.Go on
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:35   #7
BHPian

Hello Srijit,

Welcome again, and glad to know one more member joined from Tvm. Me residing very close to you (golf Links, so is JK too). As everyone told I am interested to know about your home business. My wifie has some plans on this and if you don't mind please give more gyan on this. We can meet or I will send you a PM. BTW wish you a successful business and may your dream come true, a Laura.
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:41   #8
BHPian

Hey Srijit ,

What do you guys really market using internet. Does it involve posting on websited stc or just emails ?
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:44   #9
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Usually we try and keep internet marketers off the forum
He he, i know. Dont worry, I promise to behave. Also, I dont spam forums to sell things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Welcome again, and glad to know one more member joined from Tvm. Me residing very close to you (golf Links, so is JK too). As everyone told I am interested to know about your home business.
Thanks red. I thought that some of JK's pics looked familiar. Is that behind the Golf Club area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Would like to know more about your work from home job as I have seen a lot of advertisments about it but would like to know how it really works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rash28 View Post
What do you guys really market using internet. Does it involve posting on websited stc or just emails ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
My wifie has some plans on this and if you don't mind please give more gyan on this. We can meet or I will send you a PM. BTW wish you a successful business and may your dream come true, a Laura.

Be happy to. First off, please dont bother with the advertisement you see in the newspaper and on roads. Most of they will tell you that if you send them about Rs 1000 or Rs2000. They will send a kit with which you can learn "stuff". They send you a CD ( sometimes a booklet ) which usually contains links to lots of forums, websites and tell you to post like they did there. Then when someone contacts you, you get the money.

That is NOT what I do. What I do is sell stuff ( almost exclusively to US people ) through the internet. I use Google Adwords, Yahoo Publisher Network and to a lesser extent, Microsoft AdCenter. This is not really cheap, but you can recover the money spent fairly easily. But recently the $$ prices have tanked, so I have stopped most of that stuff and minimized my expenses ( No more revving up the Pulsar, instead driving with minimal gearshifts. Getting near 45km/litre ) Earlier I used to do website development through Freelancing sites. Now am working with a friend to develop a product which I can sell. Better profit, that way.
Closed Thread