Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2008, 15:43   #1
BHPian

Default Petrol and the Law

Hi folks,

Well I have be hooked onto Team BHP for a while now, and finally got down to becoming a member. I think its afabulous site for autophiles, more so for its stunning diversity of views about every concievable topic than for anything else. Its does exactly what I love-shredding a topic to its roots and discussing the nitty gritties that come out of the exercise!!

I'm Arindam, 25 years old and a corporate lawyer working in Bangalore. Though originally from Kolkata, I have studied at the National Law School in Bangalore from 2001 onwards, so Bangalore is pretty much second home to me.

From the days since I started collecting HotWheels, I have been a complete petrolhead, and started driving really early by sitting on my Dad's lap and steering my Granddad's 1960's Fiat ....
From there onwards its been surreptitios drives on my Dad's Omni, Wagon R and Swift, till the day I bought my own brand new 800 with my very first month's salary in September 2006.
Apart from cars and driving, I also like to listen to eclectic forms of music, books, and hanging out with my large friends' group in Bangalore, and of course long drives with interesting rides and companions over weekends.
The machines which make me weak at the knees and I could murder for are : Aston Martin DBS, Gallardo Superleggera, Shelby Cobra GT 500, the BMW M3, the Evo IX, and coming down to earth, the (yellow) Skoda Octivia 1.8 vRS!!
Well, as of now, its the humble 800 for me, and no blistering supercar, but what do you know, I love it like my own kid, since there's already a lot of emotional baggage attached to that car!! I actually feel sad when I dont have the car for a day when shes at the service station.
I hope to have a great time as a Team BHPian and I know I will. ALso hope to learn and learn more and more about my passion.....4 whelers.
Many thanks to all the members and moderators for accepting me as part of the family.
Cheers and drive safe!!
Arindam.
Old 10th April 2008, 15:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome abroad lawyer...This forum has many lawers and don't even think of murdering people for cars. It will not be tolerated .

Do go through the announcements section and enjoy your ride here and if possible do join us in t-bhp meets.
Old 10th April 2008, 16:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see another autophile on-board.Enjoy the ride and do post more on your personal experience buddie.
ram
Old 10th April 2008, 16:26   #4
BHPian

Hi Arindam,
With the fat salary you have(you managed to buy a brand new car in your first month's salary), you neednot murdere for cars. Just wait a while and you will be able to buy them all.
Old 10th April 2008, 16:45   #5
BHPian

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Hi Arindam,
With the fat salary you have(you managed to buy a brand new car in your first month's salary), you neednot murdere for cars. Just wait a while and you will be able to buy them all.
THanks people for the immediate and warm response to my introduction.

Ram, well yes i am a complete autophile, and like a lot of others on this forum, eat, sleep and dream cars Personal experiences...well the most reent one occures last weekend, when I found out that my 800 can easily zoom to 120+ on good roads without breaking a sweat, with four people and considerable luggage inside it. It is a poor man's car, no doubts there, but it hides astounding abilities under its frail figure..and to top it all it gave me close to twenty kmpl with twenty hairpin turns on the way to Ooty thrown in!!

Susan, dont know about the fat salary part, but yes, someday I am going to buy a machine with a monster machine lurking beneath, and ride away into the horizon But yes, I sincerely hope that your prophecy comes true!!
Old 10th April 2008, 17:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

welcome aboard arindam, hope you have a nice stay here. Please post some pics of your car...
Old 10th April 2008, 18:12   #7
BHPian

Welcome arindam da, nice to see a lawyer in the forum...
Old 10th April 2008, 18:42   #8
BHPian

Thanks Black Pearl and Setu, I believe there ae some other lawyers on the forum as well. Black Pearl, Ill post some pics very soon...watch this space
Old 10th April 2008, 19:10   #9
BHPian

Welcome to TeamBHP Arindam.
Drive save (especially at 120 on the 800)
Old 15th April 2008, 07:04   #10
BHPian

Hi Arindam

Actually found out about you when I was searching for a thread which discusses about the selling of premium petrol ONLY at Petrol pumps without offering the Consumers an opportunity to buy normal petrol. Don't you feel something should be done about it?

BTW Nice to see a NLS graduate here. I am from ILS-2002 batch
Old 15th April 2008, 10:52   #11
BHPian

Yes I absolutely do Gautam. But then I havent come across any in my experience in Bangalore. In fact, with normal HO/Indian Oil giving me close to 15 in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic, Im quite happy using the normal petrol! Nice to see another lawyer on the forum. Happy driving mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Hi Arindam

Actually found out about you when I was searching for a thread which discusses about the selling of premium petrol ONLY at Petrol pumps without offering the Consumers an opportunity to buy normal petrol. Don't you feel something should be done about it?

BTW Nice to see a NLS graduate here. I am from ILS-2002 batch
Closed Thread