Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 15th August 2008, 21:31   #1
BHPian

Default Hi all

Hey guys,

I'm Kunal. I work with an IT company and I'm currently in charge of quality for the systems team. I grew up in Bombay as a kid,studied in Pune, migrated and did my schooling from Singapore, came back to India and well, now I'm in Pune. And I may be leaving for Canada soon.
They called me a mad-scientist in school, I was always interested in electronics and made my first robot using atmel microcontrollers in school. I got lazier and by the time I was in high school; my dad gifted me a gaming machine in 2000: A Pentium-III 700, Geforce-2 and 256 megs of RAM. I overclocked my CPU to 1050 Mhz, which was unheard of at that time and made my own modded heatsink for that CPU. Since I was so much into overclocking and gaming, my friends started calling me thermalpaste.
I drive an esteem which has clocked 1,20,000 kilometers till date and I was thinking of buying a Honda Civic, but my sub-conscious mind intervenes and stops me from buying the civic; it says I should invest and buy a bmw later
I am a petrolhead and I love traveling. Other hobbies include: playing nylons and reading.
Old 15th August 2008, 22:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome! Nice to hear the way you had messed around with quiet a few things. Enjoy the time here!

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2008 at 04:06. Reason: 2 = to, Njoy = enjoy. Please type in full words and avoid SMS language as per the Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2008, 00:38   #3
BHPian

Hey,
Welcome to the team friend. Enjoy the stay.
Old 16th August 2008, 01:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Aha Kunal! Now I know how some guys are much better than others at all this techno-wizardy & tech goobly-gook, they use Thermal Paste instead of Tooth Paste! See my deductive powers are at par with Sherlock Holmes!!

Anyway, PJ's aside, have fun on the forum! I believe you have a soulmate from Pune here called Amey!
Old 16th August 2008, 02:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalpaste View Post
Hey guys,

They called me a mad-scientist in school, I was always interested in electronics and made my first robot using atmel microcontrollers in school. I got lazier and by the time I was in high school; my dad gifted me a gaming machine in 2000: A Pentium-III 700, Geforce-2 and 256 megs of RAM. I overclocked my CPU to 1050 Mhz, which was unheard of at that time and made my own modded heatsink for that CPU. Since I was so much into overclocking and gaming, my friends started calling me thermalpaste.

Ah reminds me of the Y2K era, I too got my first PC a P-III 500,64 MB SD RAM,8 MB onboard graphics in 1999.

Oh and I am still using a 32 MB AGP Geforce 2 as a standby card on my present computer

Quote:
I drive an esteem which has clocked 1,20,000 kilometers till date and I was thinking of buying a Honda Civic, but my sub-conscious mind intervenes and stops me from buying the civic; it says I should invest and buy a bmw later
Good decision there, although I do agree that the civic is a very nice car in its own right. However a BMW is a lot better and the best part : it's rear wheel drive.
Quote:
I am a petrolhead and I love traveling. Other hobbies include: playing nylons and reading.
Petrolhead and love travelling: Head over to the Travelogues section.

Pardon my ignorance but what is playing nylons.

Regarding reading head over to this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ading-now.html

Last edited by revvedup : 16th August 2008 at 02:58.
Old 16th August 2008, 13:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Aha Kunal! Now I know how some guys are much better than others at all this techno-wizardy & tech goobly-gook, they use Thermal Paste instead of Tooth Paste! See my deductive powers are at par with Sherlock Holmes!!
ha ha . fun to read this right in the morning!

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2008 at 20:43. Reason: quote fixed.
Old 16th August 2008, 20:43   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Welcome aboard.

Take a look at this thread as it might interest you : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ks-around.html (Are there any ATMEL-AVR geeks around)

cya
R
Closed Thread