Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 15:55   #1
BHPian
 
yamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 252
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Hi from yamaniac.

Hey guys. Am working as a developer at a software company here in Mangalore. I have always been a motorcycle enthusiast, especially yamaha's 2 strokes. so hence the name "Yamaniac" I also have very much interes's in jeeps.

Some contraptions that I own:

I own a Yamaha RX 100 - 1993 powered by RDD cdi and K&N air filters with a custom made exhaust, and I consider her as my better half.

A splendor 1999 model. Although not a big fan of 4 strokes, She helps me keep my wallet safe from the climbing petrol prices.

A Wagon-R, 2006 Model. sparingly used for weekends for a family trip.

My future vehicle, 1995 MM540 4X4 - Going to aquire her soon in a short time, and will join all other 4x4 offraoding guys for the OTR.

The reason I am here is to get in touch with all of you who keep their interests in the same, share whatever knowledge I have, and get whatever knowledge I can from you.

Thanks & Keep in Touch.
Yamaniac

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2012 at 14:59. Reason: As requested via your reported post
yamaniac is offline  
Old 23rd August 2008, 17:28   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: kochi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Smile Yamaha

Hi ,

i am too a fan of Yamaha ,started with RX 100 then RXZ which i sold off a year back , whats ur opinion about new R15 ? Most of the guys was not appreciative about the tyres .

How the brand recall for yamaha in Mangalore ? heard the bike is doing only single digit no sales there .

One my friend is opening a show room ,need some help in getting an apt name .any suggestions !!!

Best rgds

Kaizen
kaizen is offline  
Old 23rd August 2008, 18:04   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,818
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Welcome, Yamaniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
My future vehicle, 1995 MM540 4X4 - Going to aquire her soon in a short time, and will join all other 4x4 offraoding guys for the OTR.
Let me guess - you've seen an unsmiling middle-aged gent driving a TN registered Jeep around your location? He goes to test his (and his vehicle's) cooling system every now and then. Or the brakes. Or the engine. Or whatever is left of the vehicle after all this.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 23rd August 2008, 18:05   #4
BHPian
 
yamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 252
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
Hi ,

i am too a fan of Yamaha ,started with RX 100 then RXZ which i sold off a year back , whats ur opinion about new R15 ? Most of the guys was not appreciative about the tyres .

How the brand recall for yamaha in Mangalore ? heard the bike is doing only single digit no sales there .

One my friend is opening a show room ,need some help in getting an apt name .any suggestions !!!

Best rgds

Kaizen
Hi Kaizen.

That's cool! But you should never sell an rx-100. However that's my policy and I will always stand by it. No matter what I will preserve it until I get into my coffin.

Mangalore has a lot of Rx-100/135 fans. The word yamaha here means RX-100. Other than that people think Fazer,libero etc are different brands.
The new R15 did not get any much publicity here. I have seen the AD only once on papers and other than that did not hear about it, not even from my biker friends. And unfortunately I have never seen one on road. And YES!! for the bike's size, The tires look like as if its on a "TVS LUNA" Horrible. I think they need to improve on this issue. How ever I haven't tested the vehicle yet. I intend to do soon after the monsoons. As the thin tyres scrares me to drive it on wet roads, and especially in Mangalore where there are hardly any roads at all! Most of them are huge crater like potholes.
yamaniac is offline  
Old 23rd August 2008, 18:09   #5
BHPian
 
yamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 252
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome, Yamaniac.



Let me guess - you've seen an unsmiling middle-aged gent driving a TN registered Jeep around your location? He goes to test his (and his vehicle's) cooling system every now and then. Or the brakes. Or the engine. Or whatever is left of the vehicle after all this.
Thanks Steeroid

haha! I bet you're referring to Samurais posts . If that is what I can make of it after reading all his posts here! hehe. Nope, never seen that jeep around, But hope, soon i will! Cheers!
yamaniac is offline  
Old 24th August 2008, 23:39   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: kochi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Smile Yamaha new model

Thanks man for the reply. sure a hardcore yamaha fan .

Yamaha i heard is gonna launch a new bike next month code named pulser killer YSF , hope this one looks good bring back the nostalgic memories of RX 100 performance.

Hey u forgot suggest some apt name for the showroom.

Some like Torque yamaha , BHP yamaha similar ones ,


Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Hi Kaizen.
.
.
As the thin tyres scrares me to drive it on wet roads, and especially in Mangalore where there are hardly any roads at all! Most of them are huge crater like potholes.
kaizen is offline  
Old 24th August 2008, 23:43   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: kochi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Smile R1 -r15

Let me see manoj if i can arrange a test drive for you ,but no promise .

But if get hands on i will info you at mangalore.

after all u guys are the true Yamaha cult member.
kaizen is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks