Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th March 2005, 14:24   #1
BHPian

Default Hi

HI Team BHP

Glad to have joined this forum. Doing a quick sign-in here.

Name is Nitin, live in Bangalore, drive a Siena 1.6 (4+years now- first one in Blr), own a Shogun also, am into IT/Telecom sales, other hobbies are scuba diving & rock/blues/jazz music.

Used to drive a Premier padmini (which I converted to LPG) in 1990s. Did 200K+ KM on that across India.

I see a lot of discussion on the Siena/Petra. Will try to put in a long term (4 years!!) report on it in the next few days. But mostly, you guys got it right.. Anybody who is buying a new 5-6 Lakhs car, just go for the Petra 1.6. Best value and technology for the money. Service is improving.

Intend to get another car, 8-9 lakhs range, preferably in the SUV category to handle the traffic in Bangalore. Suggestions/opinions are welcome.

ciao
Nitin
Old 17th March 2005, 14:42   #2
BHPian

Welcome aboard dude!!
So u done scuba diving?!! Wow, have always loved it but never done it though..
U have a shogun, very nice..
Meet u at the threads..
_Enjoy u'r stay here_
Old 17th March 2005, 14:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Nitin! 200K+ kms in a PP! wow thats a lot of travelling. You'll definately find many Fiat afficianados here. Palio and Siena/Petra is Team-BHP recommended.
Hmmmm..... you want a car to go around the city... then why opt for a big SUV?? It will definately be difficult to maneuver through the traffic.
Enjoy your stay!
Old 17th March 2005, 15:26   #4
BHPian

Hey Nitin, for the city, ideally you should get a Palio 1.6 or even better a zen 1.3!!!
Old 17th March 2005, 15:56   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome guys..
SUV needed so that I can keep going in the face of all those who drive against me on my side of the road, except buses and trucks of course ;-).. anyway, I am keeping the Siena so I have a good city (& highway) car anyway.. 4WD preffered as I go camping sometimes, hopefully more often with 4WD.. Palio Adventure is a possibility, but no 4WD..

Shravan, 200K KM was over many years
Old 17th March 2005, 16:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey man,
welcome.
You drive one of my favorite cars. had one but it was diesel.
enjoy your stay here.
for an Suv theres nothing better then a scorpio with baloon tyres.
Old 17th March 2005, 19:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

hi nitin, welcome to heaven dude
warning:team-bhp is addictive...big time!!! i got in recently and am hooked...!!!
looking for a 4x4 eh..hmm.. as lamborghini said, scorpio is a good suv; but not the best;
being a safari owner, i can tell you, nothing even comes close, in terms of ride, handling, space, solidity, comfort, and off-road capability. my safari has NEVER broken down, which i bet, most safari owners will agree with. also, having driven the scorpio too, i can tell you, it is not even half as spacious as the safari or capable, for that matter. it has a good engine, though.the ride and handling, well...not upto the mark is as polite as i can put it.
but if off-roading isn't on the top of your list, go for the toyota innova. it's much more refined and comfort-oriented than both the safari and the scorpio. also. the interiors look straight out of a lexus.
hope this helps..see ya in the threads.
ciao
Old 17th March 2005, 21:52   #8
BHPian

welcome nitinbhag,

to the land of great motoring tales and technology.

being a palio diesel owner, i am glad to hear of your long term feedback for this car. looking forward to that report.

you really have travelled a lot in your PP - and you seem to be the wandered types. well i guess that's the perk of having a good car and a wonderfully scenic country with good intercity roads.

i see you have tastes of jazz/blues/rock - well we may a lot ot talk about on those genres of music...

keep us posted - shalom
Closed Thread

« Hi | Hi Everyone »