Team-BHP - Hi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/46281-hi.html)

Dear T-BHPians

I am a new member of this exciting forum which i first came to know (i think) on Decemebr 22nd 2005 when i decided to go on my first vegabond holiday to Goa from Mumbai. I got greatly benefitted by the experience sharing. I have used the info posted several times since then. Last week i decided to join the forum for good. (:))

I am 36 years old, male, married, having one daughter, living currently in Bangalore. I drive a Fiat Palio ELX, 2002 model to work as well as my vegabond holidays. As you might guess, i love travelling on vegabond holidays. I have already done more than 55000 KMs most of these on holidays viz. Astavinayak (Y2004), Mumbai-Panaji-Kokan Sea belt-Mumbai (Dec 2005), Mumbai-Pune-Pandharpur-Mumbai (Y2006 & Y2007), Mumbai -Sangli-Kolhapur-Mumbai (Y2006), Bangalore-Shravanabelagola-Belur-Halebidu-Shringeri-Udipi-Malpe-Manipal-Mangalore-Bangalore (June2007), Bangalore-Mysore-Belur-Halebidu-Chikmagalur-Bangalore (Dec2007) Mumbai-Dandeli-Karwar-Paingini-Sirsi-Siddhapur-Ankola-Udupi-Shringeri-Chikmagalur-Bangalore (April2008).

Apart from driving on holidays, i love vegetarian food of all types viz. North Indian (Punjabi, Rajasthani, Sindhi), Western Indian (Marathi, Gujrathi, Malwavi, Konkani, Goan), South Indian (Andhra, Udupi-Mangalorean, Karwari, North Karnataka, Ragimudde utha) Eastern Indian (Bengali), Vegetarian Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Thai. Most of the food has been experieced on holidays + business travel in & outside India.

Happy to join this forum and learn from different experiences. I am planning one more holiday Bangalore-Pune-Mumbai-Bangalore in Oct2008.
Any suggetions are welcome

Stay in touch .. Star Vegabond.:)

3 years before you signed up!! Well, better late than never and welcome to the team. Since you own a Palio and are fond of long-distance road trips, I can tell that you will be a popular man on Team-BHP :). Any particular reason for choosing "vegabond" over "vagabond"? If it was a typo, use the contact us form and someone will have it changed.

Do stop by the board rules section and familiarise yourself with our forum policies. BHPians can get incredibly particular about those.

Hi & welcome StarVegabond, I too had a Palio Elx 02, but swapped after 2 years of usage. The car gave me good times to remember. I am also fond of traveling & undertake long journeys, whenever I am able to get time off. We would share our adventures on the forum, enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 989817)
3 years before you signed up!! Well, better late than never and welcome to the team. Since you own a Palio and are fond of long-distance road trips, I can tell that you will be a popular man on Team-BHP . Any particular reason for choosing "vegabond" over "vagabond"? If it was a typo, use the contact us form and someone will have it changed.

Do stop by the board rules section and familiarise yourself with our forum policies. BHPians can get incredibly particular about those.

Thanks GTO, for the warm welcome.

Originally i had planned Vagabond as the user name, but i chose to modify it to Vegabond becasue

1. Vega is arguably the next most important star in the sky after the Sun
I already see many "SUN" like members who provide
"light = guidelines, directions" to others.
2. Vega is one of the bosses of the street fighting gaming series.
As a frequent traveller, i need to fight against traffic, heat, dust,
unplanned uncertainities while on the road/street and still enjoy the
drive and reach the destination safe and sound

"Star" was added as "Vegabond" was not accepted by the system as someone else already seems to have registered it.

Great to be here, hope to contribute where ever possible.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp1 (Post 989836)
Hi & welcome StarVegabond, I too had a Palio Elx 02, but swapped after 2 years of usage. The car gave me good times to remember. I am also fond of traveling & undertake long journeys, whenever I am able to get time off. We would share our adventures on the forum, enjoy!

Thanks very much bhp1.
I had a great time with my Palio which is as old as my daughter. It has never given me any problem while on road except flat tyres some half dozen times till now. But i am planning to swap it sometime next year for a larger car.
Hope to keep meeting you occationally in the forum and some day on some road :)

Note from Support: Text format tags removed. Please avoid Copy-Pasting from a word processor. Use Notepad instead. Thanks.

Hi Vegabond: I thought since you are a veggie, you opted to be a 'veg'abond rather than a vagabond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -GT- (Post 993394)
Hi Vegabond: I thought since you are a veggie, you opted to be a 'veg'abond rather than a vagabond.

Hi -GT-
Yes, that could be another reason even though i did not think about it earlier, thanks for this.
Are you in Chennai or Dubai ?