Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th September 2008, 21:04   #1
BHPian

Red face A Bigg Hi To The Powerful Team Bhpians

Hi Bhpians,
I am feeling great today, you know why?? i am a bhpian too. Wow !! does that not sound fantastic?? I am proud to be a part of TEAM BHP and my self a BHPIAN.

Sorry guys i am a bit over excited as i got my chance to be a part or team BHP after a long struggle. Well i heard of team bhp long time back but i was soo busy with my personal life that i was not into it, i never went through the site even once. To be frank the first time i came here some years ago, i did not understand how this forum works . . or what this forum was?? i was totally ignorant about it. It just happened so that i was browsing through some sites recently and was struck upon Team BHP. I went through some of the posts, and wow i stuck to it . Such good info, such good support of team and a wonderfull place to be in. Instantly i realised what i had missed some years back and decided to be a part of the team. But my bad luck, i don know why? though i got registered and went through the verification process i was not able to post on the forum except in the classifieds section. I waited n waited , but alas no improvement. Atlast now after mailing my dearest webmaster, (glad i did it) i got the reply the next day that my account has been activated (that is today). Voila i am the happiest person on earth today.

Well that was too much of story, coming to my introduction, I am Srikant, age 23, doing studies at a college in Gods own country, KERALA (beautifull place i must say ). I was born in kerala but brought up in Bangalore as my parents were settled there. Then after my schooling, I did my Tool and die making course from NTTF Bangalore and then got placed in Sundaram Auto Components through campus selection and then worked there for a year as Design and developement engineer for the moulds of the plastic parts of TVS bikes and then resigned from there to catch up with some more studies and landed up in my native place in kerala(never got chance to be in kerala thought i am a native of kerala).

Have been really crazy about cars and bikes since my childhood and started driving cars at the age of 10. My first drive was in my dads Maruti OMNI and then drove loads n loads of cars and now The first car that i own, MY VERY VERY SPECIAL, MY OWN SWIFT VDI Silky silver. I just love this car and its sheer thrill when the turbo actuates at around 2000rpm, i can feel that rush on my body, my very special car. I have done many long drives to umpteen places and i love driving around. My longest drive in my life was 900 kms in a day in the INNOVA and that day is still very very special to me (may not be a great achievement for fellow bhpians i know, but you would have understood how crazy i am )

But i had my first crash in my 14 years of driving experience with my SWIFT VDI 2 weeks back on my way to Bangalore From Trichur, at Dharmapuri, at 6.30am when a milk man on his TVS just came on to the highway and i applied my breaks with all my might and the tyres got locked . . .and after a screeching halt from 120 after hitting a big rock on the side of the road. Lucky guy he escaped (lucky me) and my swift lying with right mud guard all damaged and scratched bumper by hitting the rock. I am trying to get out of the hangover, Thanks i have Team BHP for my support now.

Thats it for now guys. Cheers to TEAM BHP AND THE BHPIANS !!cheers:
Old 26th September 2008, 22:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey srikant, welcome to the family.Hope your fine and the car, please drive safe in the future. So you had a hand in designing parts for the RTR would love to hear about the die making procedure some time. I am always interested in thing like this.

Last edited by dinar : 26th September 2008 at 22:57.
Old 27th September 2008, 01:41   #3
BHPian

hey! a very nice intro! Welcome to the Forum! come by Cochin sometime over the weekends when we have one of our meets! Hard luck on the crash, but hey things could have been worse! so back on the road, full on! TC and drive safe.
Old 27th September 2008, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard!

Another DDiS owner Forget about the scrape you had dont dwell upon it since your safe and there's no serious damage done.

One more thing we share in common, Iv never had the oppurtunity to live in Kerala even though Im a 'mallu' !

Enjoy your stay.

Last edited by s0uljah : 27th September 2008 at 09:18.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:54   #5
BHPian

Srikant, welcome to Team-BHP. Follow the board rules and you will be fine.

ps: Didnt your VDI have ABS?
Old 27th September 2008, 14:27   #6
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Hey srikant, welcome to the family.Hope your fine and the car, please drive safe in the future. So you had a hand in designing parts for the RTR would love to hear about the die making procedure some time. I am always interested in thing like this.
Thanks dinar, I am fine but a lil worried about the car as i am not able to feel the turbo acting at 2000 rpm . . its mild . . doubt if it has a leak somewhere. Got the denting work done but the engine seems like its got a fever

I was involved in the TVS STAR SPORT project pal, RTR was just started when i resigned.
Old 27th September 2008, 14:52   #7

Hi srikant. Welcome to Team-BHP. I just joined a couple of days back. Nice Introduction. cheers.
Old 27th September 2008, 14:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
A S H V I N hey! a very nice intro! Welcome to the Forum! come by Cochin sometime over the weekends when we have one of our meets! Hard luck on the crash, but hey things could have been worse! so back on the road, full on! TC and drive safe.
Thanks Ashvin, I ll surely join you all for a meet, please to keep me updated when there is a meet happening.

Quote:
s0uljah Welcome aboard!

Another DDiS owner Forget about the scrape you had dont dwell upon it since your safe and there's no serious damage done.

One more thing we share in common, Iv never had the oppurtunity to live in Kerala even though Im a 'mallu' !

Enjoy your stay.
Thanks you souljah, Well i am only concerned with my lovely DDIS, feels like there is some prob with the turbo after the crash and have not been able to solve it yet. And do make it a point to stay sometime in kerala and you will know what all you missed all these years

Quote:
srijit Srikant, welcome to Team-BHP. Follow the board rules and you will be fine.

Thank you srijit, Sure i ll follow the rules, hope i dont break any rules by mistake as i am new. help me
Old 27th September 2008, 15:43   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
Hi srikant. Welcome to Team-BHP. I just joined a couple of days back. Nice Introduction. cheers.
Thank you road runner.
Quote:
srijit Srikant, welcome to Team-BHP. Follow the board rules and you will be fine.

Sorry srijit missed that point. I dont have an ABS on my DDIS,really miss it !!
Old 27th September 2008, 19:01   #10
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see such excitement on joining the team bhp gang. Keep up the tempo and i am sure you will have a lot of fun here.
Old 27th September 2008, 19:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Club.
OT:
are you still driving on those stock 165 size tyres?
Old 27th September 2008, 20:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
mobike008 Nice to see such excitement on joining the team bhp gang. Keep up the tempo and i am sure you will have a lot of fun here.
Ya sure, and this is my world.
Quote:
nitrous Welcome to the Club.
OT:
are you still driving on those stock 165 size tyres?
Thanks nitrous, yes i am still on stock 165 tyres.
Old 27th September 2008, 20:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Welcome abroad Srikant. Do go through the announcement section.

Yeah, that was a good introduction you have given and sorry to note that you were involved in an accident and everybody are safe. Enjoy your stay here. Hope to hear from you seen.

Do join us in our Bangy meets and be rest assured that you will thoroughly enjoy the same....
Old 27th September 2008, 21:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
snaronikar Welcome abroad Srikant. Do go through the announcement section.

Yeah, that was a good introduction you have given and sorry to note that you were involved in an accident and everybody are safe. Enjoy your stay here. Hope to hear from you seen.

Do join us in our Bangy meets and be rest assured that you will thoroughly enjoy the same....
Thank you snaronikar, Thanks for the info, i ll go through the Announcements section. Sure, i want to meet up in the Bangy meet some day .. anything around November? i must be there in November mid week i suppose.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:08   #15
BHPian

Guys, Please do update me on any Team BHP meet in Trichur or Bangalore now on. I would like to join in there.
Closed Thread