Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2008, 21:11   #1
BHPian

Default Belated Hello from Chennai.

Admit; I have been a regular voyeur of the Tbhp forums; now i think i should contribute as well.

I shouldn't be too far from being a gear head; for a start I haven't missed many issues of any auto magazine right from the days of IAJ and C&BI. It must have started the day I set sights on an Indian Auto Journal way back in 1989; that particular one had pics of a modded Omni from Mumbai ( just a nice paint job really!) which sure did give me a rush. And I swear I haven't missed a single episode of Top gear on BBC2.

My best days have always been spend at the neighborhood workshop tinkering with and chatting about mighty machines; and the obvious blasts on some hot machines!

I have been fortunate to have some kind friends who not only had the same passion for machines but also had enough moolah to bring home many of them. Thanks to them I have had a go at some really fast machines; Vmax 1200, Gixxers, a Screaming eagle modded HD Sporster 1200 etc.

I have garaged a few drives myself starting with a punchy OHC 1.5, an Accent GLS which i hated and disposed within a month, a black Corsa 1.4 which got my eye balls popping on the Mumbai-Pune expressway and the beloved M800 which was real joy. My ride now is an year old Bolero DI turbo ( modding in progress); surprisingly competent and a great VFM buy. I wanna put in a review of my Bolero sometime soon on Tbhp.

There have been two rides on my radar for a quite long time now: a 4X4 SWB Jeep and a hotrod based on a Fiat Millecento or the Amby; yet to find an exceptional tinker and mechanic in Chennai to get going!

Also a proud owner of a Bullet 350 which was painstakingly modded with whatever little I could earn some 9 years back.

Here I rev, Looking forward to many more great years of motoring nirvana...
Attached Thumbnails
Belated Hello from Chennai.-img_59521.jpg  

Belated Hello from Chennai.-image471.jpg  

Belated Hello from Chennai.-img_2530.jpg  

Belated Hello from Chennai.-img_32491.jpg  

Old 29th December 2008, 10:04   #2
BHPian

Smile Welcome!

Hi Josepeter!!

Welcome Aboard!! Do join the threads and start posting. Try to join us in any of the T-Bhp meets organized in the city. It will be nice to know each other in person.

Cheers!!
Rameshcheers:
Old 29th December 2008, 11:33   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For someone who is so obviously a car guy, you sure took your time in coming around, didn't ya?! Well, better late than never. And welcome aboard! Your Bolero looks fantastic....nice colour, wire-mesh grille & sweet no. plate fonts (which one is it?). How about some more pictures?

Are you from TN or MH? We'd appreciate your stopping by our board rules section just once for familiarisation.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:14   #4
BHPian

Welcome Jose

You are one of the few chennaites that I have seen in T BHP. But what do I know I am a Newbie myself.

Nice ride you got there. Your grille looks way cooler than the standard one. Tasteful.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Admit; I have been a regular voyeur of the Tbhp forums; now i think i should contribute as well.
You seem to have petrol (and diesel!) running through your veins - what took you so long??????

Welcome to Team-BHP! I see you seem to come from the same background as I do:

Quote:
I haven't missed many issues of any auto magazine right from the days of IAJ and C&BI. It must have started the day I set sights on an Indian Auto Journal way back in 1989;
I set my eyes on IAJ in 1988, the tyre issue with the Girnar 150 Leo scooter featured as a test drive!

Quote:
There have been two rides on my radar for a quite long time now: a 4X4 SWB Jeep and a hotrod based on a Fiat Millecento or the Amby;
I'm getting there, too. The hotrod (actually not a HOT road, but a fastish rod) candidate is the Amby's elder bro, the Landmaster.

Quote:
Looking forward to many more great years of motoring nirvana...
Amen!

Last edited by Steeroid : 29th December 2008 at 12:45.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:28   #6
BHPian

Super. Welcome to Tbhp. Nice mesh grille on the Bolero.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:20   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard Jose!!! Your Bolero looks awesome!!!
Old 29th December 2008, 20:30   #8
BHPian

Talking Phew!

Thanks a lot guys for the warm welcome!

I guess I need to first set my bearings right! I'm basically from Cochin; but like most, I have lived away from malluland for the most part; from the obligatory Gulf stint on to Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and now Chennai.

Look forward to meeting other Tbhpians in Chennai soon; I am lucky to have one sitting just across the aisle though!

@ Ram.west & Kabalii : Please drop a line for any Tbhp meet in Chennai or otherwise; desperately need to be more in Tbhp company.

@ Steeroid : Your garage is one to die for. Speechless! Please share some thought on your Landmaster project; perhaps a new thread?

@ GTO : The font is Trebuchet MS ( modded; of course!)

I have a few more images of my Bolero. BTW my Bolero review may take a little longer to post ( happened to read through earlier threads on Bolero and find there are quite a lot of Bolero bashers in here )
Attached Images

Old 30th December 2008, 12:22   #9
BHPian

Post Thats a Looker!!!

Hey jose!!

Thats one hell of a looking bolero though. Head Turner I must say!!
And do keep a look out at the Chennai T-Bhp Meet thread in the T-Bhp Meet Section .

Cheers!!

Ramesh
Old 30th December 2008, 14:31   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great lookin' Bolero! I see you are running jet black tints with front windscreen stripes (used to be a favorite during college days for obvious reason ). How about a long-term review with full / side profile pics too?

Quote:
@ GTO : The font is Trebuchet MS ( modded; of course!)
Thanks. I'll use this the next time I am getting number plates made. Looks real neat.

Quote:
and find there are quite a lot of Bolero bashers in here
And an equal amount of fans as well.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Steeroid : Your garage is one to die for. Speechless! Please share some thought on your Landmaster project; perhaps a new thread?
Thanks man, its a nice looking garage but for most of 2008 the members of that garage spent most of their time in, well, the garage! One of them even left the garage for good after a bout of rain. Looong story, expensive story.

No more threads for the Landmaster, else it will leave my pocket threadbare.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th December 2008 at 14:53.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:23   #12
BHPian

@josepeter welcome to the forum - that is a nice looking bolero you have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No more threads for the Landmaster, else it will leave my pocket threadbare.
Amen..
Old 30th December 2008, 21:35   #13
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This forum has too many mallus in it.
Welcome to TBHP.
Love the bolero's look. Used to hate the facelifted version's grille and headlights. What you have done completely redeems it. What a looker!
Nice tyres too.

PS Let us know if you're in the neighbourhood, we're always looking for excuses to Meet/D R I V E
Old 31st December 2008, 07:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
This forum has too many mallus in it.
Welcome to TBHP.
Love the bolero's look. Used to hate the facelifted version's grille and headlights. What you have done completely redeems it. What a looker!
Nice tyres too.

PS Let us know if you're in the neighbourhood, we're always looking for excuses to Meet/D R I V E
Thanks Ripper. Will PM when in town. BTW I had a go at masking the headlights, does it look any different? ( Poor quality pic from motorazr though..my S2IS has packed up for good!)
Attached Thumbnails
Belated Hello from Chennai.-301210.jpg  

Old 31st December 2008, 11:13   #15
BHPian

The Bolero looks really good with the blackout - maybe a layer of clear coat would improve the looks and finish rather than the matt finish ?
Closed Thread