Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2009, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Default Hello from RACING CITY Coimbatore

great to see you all here in this community , glad now i am part of it.
truly we keep spending so much time traveling in cars and other transports and we kind of ignore them duing course of time. but here after going through a lot of time surfing in this site .. i got my taste buds back.

i still cant remember when i was in college in chennai bunch of friends decided in 2 minutes to drive to bangalore and have a ball for the weekend, i was thinking those days .. now its not anymore those days still you can do it ..

i am 32 years old and love traveling and wild life / partying ofcourse outdoor sports on fishing cant miss on good food you need to put in those extra miles to get the quality of food.

in coimbatore when i find time i do plenty of weekend trips this place is in the middle of all in 3 to 4 hours drive you can have a choice of cochin, munnar, calicut, kumarakom , kodikanal, ooty , coonor , mudhumalai/bandhipur sanctuary, mysore, yercaud, madhurai, valparai, top slip, idukki, chinnar sanctuary, bhavani sagar, mettur , pollachi, siruvani, anakati, annamalai wild life ////man oh man this is a small list i hope.

currently i own accord 3.0(v6)/ E250 body style (210)/ Gypsy (modified to 1800 isuzu petrol 5 speed 4x4) / skoda octavia/ Zen / Scorpio/ planning on safari 2.2 vtt 4x4 and was doing some ground check on safari thats when i saw this site.

out of all i like the threads on meeting up so guys everyone should find a time to have a cup of coffee with some enthusiasm of the same kind.

cheers to all hope to see the best.

Last edited by hunt : 3rd February 2009 at 12:31.
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:52   #2
BHPian

Post Welcome!!

hi hunt!!!

Thats one whopping list of ride's you've got there.

Welcome Aboard!!!!

And do check out the Announcements Thread for the Rules of the Forum!!

Don't worry you have loads of information here for you to decide on your new purchase!!
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt View Post
currently i own accord 3.0(v6)/ E250 body style (210)/ Gypsy (modified to 1800 isuzu petrol 5 speed 4x4) / skoda octavia/ Zen / Scorpio/ planning on safari 2.2 vtt 4x4 and was doing some ground check on safari thats when i saw this site.

out of all i like the threads on meeting up so guys everyone should find a time to have a cup of coffee with some enthusiasm of the same kind.

cheers to all hope to see the best.
He Hunt!

WELCOME to T-Bhp!

Good to have more people from this neck'O woods! Nice line up cars you have there!

We love meeting other members as well - in fact we have one such trip planned this weekend - Take a look and see if you can make it!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...r-i-v-e-4.html (Wild in Wayanad D R I V E) ..
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard!

That's a nice list of rides. I'm particularly interested in this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt View Post
Gypsy (modified to 1800 isuzu petrol 5 speed 4x4)
Did you buy it like this from someone, or mod it yourself?
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Welcome aboard!

That's a nice list of rides. I'm particularly interested in this one:

Quote:
...Gypsy (modified to 1800 isuzu petrol 5 speed 4x4)..
Did you buy it like this from someone, or mod it yourself?
I know of a Gypsy in Bangalore that is planning to go this EXACT route.

Cheers,
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

Cheers,
completely modified in house workshop. even the 4x4 is modified to fit isuzu gearbox no issues. but thats lot of power in the wheels , be careful on the differential crowns. mileage is an issue , someone going to modify it would be better suggest with crdi diesels around 1300 cc will be far better.
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:36   #7
BHPian

Hello there! Welcome to T-BHP and I am sure you will be addicted to this community in no time.

We have so many places around Cbe we take them for granted. No place can be better than this, I am sure, in terms of the opportunities it provides for a nice drive, no matter which direction you head out.

Very interesting line up of cars you got there pal. Lets meet up sometime and of course, see if you can make it to the Wayanad meet. I can assure you it will be one hell of a meet/drive.

Edit: I see your comment on the other thread re. Wayanad... fair enough. We can try and initiate some meet-ups in Cbe first.

Last edited by quicksilver : 3rd February 2009 at 18:47.
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
He Hunt!

WELCOME to T-Bhp!

Good to have more people from this neck'O woods! Nice line up cars you have there!

We love meeting other members as well - in fact we have one such trip planned this weekend - Take a look and see if you can make it!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...r-i-v-e-4.html (Wild in Wayanad D R I V E) ..
thanks man for your greats, well thats a nice meet up in wayanad its too early for me to jump no issues but will be in pollachi for a pooja. i got invites from steroid too , first let me see this going further and then the T-Bhp in coimbatore then spread it out
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

Cheers,
I know of a Gypsy in Bangalore that has ALREADY gone down this EXACT route. Ten years ago.
Closed Thread

« Hello | Newbie »