Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 8th February 2009, 07:56   #1
BHPian

Default Achtung Baby!

Hi,

After spending over two weeks reading nearly each and every thread in here, thought I'd introduce myself.

But first, would like to Congratulate Team Bhp on the wonderful site. The hard work really shows in the quality maintained on this forum compared to even some of the best car forums even in US / Europe.

I am 29, happily married to an avid car lover. I am working as a Recruitment Consultant.

My love for cars started with my Dad's 1983 230E and a Hillman (Both Sold), and still remember the rides in the Merc even though I was only five years old then.

Have avidly followed Car tech around the world and have a huge collection of Old Road & Track, Car & Driver, Car UK magazines along with dozens of individual marque Books. Started off with collecting 1:18 Bburago car models, stopped when I got my first car, but still have nearly 40 immaculatly maintained models most still packaged in their original boxes.

While I learnt driving on a Fiat, my first car was a 1996 Opel Astra (therefore the title) bought in 2000 ran it to the ground and sold it in 2006, also owned a Tata Indica (Only car I ever bought brand new) one of the first batch, got rid of it within a year also had an Esteem for a few years.

Currently own two Opel Astra's, one OHC 1.5, one OHC 1.5 AT and one Honda Accord VI generation 2.4 Vti-L AT.

Would love to own a Merc, but given GTO's experiences doesn't look soon on the horizon.

Personally, prefer to drive a set of fast twisy bends, exploring the limits of the car and tyres, rather than a purestraight Expressway and therefore the Germans have always ruled my heart although hate the reliability, thats what we have the Hondas for, bullet proof dependabilty.

Well thats about it, keep up the great job, just love keep coming back to Team BHP!
Old 8th February 2009, 18:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For a moment there, I thought fellow moderator TSK1979 is posting his intro all again! You better watch out for those mod requests coming your way. Welcome to our community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian1979 View Post
But first, would like to Congratulate Team Bhp on the wonderful site. The hard work really shows in the quality maintained on this forum compared to even some of the best car forums even in US / Europe.
That's saying a lot. Thank you for the compliments.

Quote:
my Dad's 1983 230E
Wow, the W123! A true Mercedes, unlike the rubbish they are selling these days. Bet she's still in running condition.

Quote:
Currently own two Opel Astra's, one OHC 1.5, one OHC 1.5 AT and one Honda Accord VI generation 2.4 Vti-L AT.
Them Opels must keep you busy with garage visits & searches for spares! But I guess, the Hondas balance the overall maintenance schedule out.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section. See you over on some interesting discussions.
Old 8th February 2009, 18:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum buddy.
Enjoy your stay.

He has already sold the merc GTO.
Waiting for the pics of your rides dude.
Cheers!
Old 8th February 2009, 20:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Them Opels must keep you busy with garage visits & searches for spares!
Although both have required some work on and off, have not had any problems in sourcing spares. Opera house has everything.

@abhinav Will surely post the pics of my rides and detailed reviews soon.
Closed Thread