Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2009, 03:06   #1

Wink Hello from France

Hello to everyone !

I am in France, in Brest exactly and I am not used to write in english or hinglish forum but I like risk and chalenges.

I like mechanic and so I like engines of any kind : cars, motorbikes, aircrafts, boats, in fact all what is technical. I have 3 cars : one Renault Twingo (12 years), one Skoda Octavia combi TDI 90 CV (9 years) and one BMW Z3 2.8l roadster (12 years). Saturday, I just baught (1000 euros) one motorbike I expected since several months : a Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet model 1991.

I went in India during many weeks two years ago (Mumbaï, Nagpur, Chennaï, Pondi, Mammalapuram, Tanjavur, Mysore, Ooty, Mangalore, ...) and I falled in love with Enfield motorbikes. In France a 500 Bullet is nearly 6000 euros (near 300 000 roupies) and second hand Enfield are very rare because people buy it because they are fond of it and keep it.

So, I will certainly learn a lot of things throw this forum, and I hope I will bring you something back.

First question : is there many French people on this forum ?

Waiting for your messages.

Fun for everybody and take care to the speed controlers !
Old 17th February 2009, 16:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Wazoo,

Welcome to Team-BHP and would love to hear from you your experiences of the Skoda Combi. How has it treated you in the 9 years that you have lived with it.

Congrats on your Enfield that you have just bought. Wishing you many many miles of riding. The Enfield bullet has a certain old world charm to it that is time less and grows on you with time.

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Old 17th February 2009, 16:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team BHP Wazoo. 6000 Euro for brand new bike wow thats real expensive!

Are there any difference between Indian enfield you have ridden and the one you bought now from France?
Old 17th February 2009, 17:15   #4
BANNED

Bonjour!
Welcome to Team-bhp.

Nice to see people from different parts of the world joining in here.

Start a thread about your Automotive experiences, your cars and bikes.

Don't worry much about the english. We have an amazing thread on how to post in good english. Check SHIFTING GEARS section. In case you need more help, we can request our on site english teacher, Mr. Sam Kapasi to have some online teaching sessions for an amazing cost.

Well, enjoy your time here.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bonjour et Bienvenue,Wazoo.
You'll find a lot of Bullet enthusiasts on here.
There are clubs all over the country and there's an annual bullet owners club meet called the 'Rider Mania'.

PS:I think I should look into smuggling bullets into France or maybe Europe.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:40   #6
BHPian

Welcome onboard wazoo
@ nitrous : Iam ready to be part of your business mate
Old 20th February 2009, 03:03   #7

Thank you everybody for your nice messages.

I am a person who does not change his cars very frequently as you can see. The cars I have bought give me what I was looking for : Twingo : small and very usefull car to go downtown were parking is difficult, Octavia TDI : very good car : no problem (except one Injection pump ARGHHH ! But now we run more than 210 000 km and it is like first day comfortable, silent, powerfull enough and very little average : less than 6L for 100 km. I will certainly change for an Octavia 2 4x4 but it is not for tomorow. The Z3 is for the fun and like a collector. It is a wonderfull machine with an exceptional engine : 193 CV it is not very powerfull but it is very "elastic" between 1500 rpm and 6000 rpm (ruptor). It is a real pleasure to drive it.

Enfield bikes are a little bit different because of european rules (pollution and do on...) They are equiped with electronical injection, electrical starter, disk brake...)

But the one I will have tomorow is the quite india similar one.

I will show you pictures.

Au revoir

Wazoo
Old 20th February 2009, 06:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Wazoo

Please post pictures of your Enfield 500 as you have it.
Old 20th February 2009, 08:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Bonjour, cave? and welcome to the forum. Ha, proud owner of Royal Enfield. Great. Keep riding, enjoy riding!
Old 23rd February 2009, 02:34   #10

Namaste,

This is my 500 Bullet. It is 18 years old, and the previous owner did not pay a good attention. But it has run only 8000 km. So the base is very good but the chrome plated parts are not good. Maybe I will need to change them. I will try to know how to command spare parts directly in India. maybe it is a good deal.

I hope the pictures are well loaded.

A bientôt

Wazoo

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2009 at 13:32. Reason: Please see note in post.
Closed Thread