| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th February 2009, 14:27||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanked: 15 Times
I'm Prasad. I'm from Pune and I work as software professional. I don't own any car yet, but looking forward to buy one soon. (I guess it's been quite a long since I started looking). Came accross Team-BHP while researching. But frequently visiting it now (as a guest). And finally a member now.
|18th February 2009, 15:07||#2|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Thanked: 1,454 Times
Hallo to you too Prasad and welcome to Team-BHP.
Buying a car will get much easier now that you have all the opinions of Team-BHP members now. Then again, it might become more difficult seeing so many different opinions
Good luck with that, don't forget to read the Team-BHP rules and have a great time here.
|23rd February 2009, 17:35||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 306 Times
You are at the right place
Welcome to team BHP! I joined this forum when I was in a situation like you (planning of buying a car). I too had the same dilemma as yours... whether to go for a new car or a used one.
There are a lot of articles in here which will give you a lot of information about this. I decided to buy a used car for the following reasons:
1) Economy: a car depreciates the most in terms of cost in the first 3 yrs.
2) Life: If I buy a 3 yr old car (which will generally have 3k kms on the odo), it still has a good amount of its life remaining.
3) Trial: Since I was learning to drive, i figured I was obviously going to add a few scratches and dents on the car, and I would hate to see a scratch on a new car. (I realized I feel very bad even if the old car is scratched).
on the flip side:
1) Finding a good used car can be tedious, requires a lot of patience.
2) You will tend to like many cars, but take a trusted friend and someone who knows how to check out cars.
P.s: If you get a car from a known (distantly known) person also it makes more safer to buy it.
Wish you luck, and have fun looking for a car.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hallo von einem Automobil-Ingenieur aus Hyderabad !||ShortShifter||Introduce yourself||7||7th March 2011 00:42|
|Hallo to all BHPians||Soumya_Ramesh||Introduce yourself||2||13th October 2009 15:22|
|Hi Folks! Need some help.||anadkarni||Motorbikes||8||3rd March 2005 23:23|
|Hallo !||sjcherian||Introduce yourself||6||15th January 2005 12:18|
|hi folks , greetings from Delhi.||zaphod||Introduce yourself||6||8th October 2004 19:24|