Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2009, 13:07   #1

Default hi folks

Nice to be part of this forum. I am 53, am very fond of driving (and hate being a co-driver), and travelling by road. I have joined the TATA Safari gang. I bought one Pearl White 2.2 L VX on 24 Dec 08. Have done about 5000km in these two months, with three long distance trips, longest being 650 km (one way). I have earlier owned a Premier, Maruti 800, a Maruti Zen and lastly the TATA Indigo. And, I am enjoying the change to the SUV. By the way I like bikes too... I had a cooool Yezdi (remember) earlier... and now I have my eyes on the Enfield Thunderbird...! I am sure I am going to enjoy being part of this Forum. Ciao
Old 24th February 2009, 14:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome, Major. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

That's looks like enough fuel for lots of intresting travelogues that you can share with us. What do you do ?
Old 24th February 2009, 14:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Major. One more added to the Safari Gang (r)
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:36   #4

HI condor and esteem lover... thanks for the welcome note. I took early retirement from the Army and am now running a small business of my own.
I am loving this Beast (Safari) that I own... and its purring can be so soothing when one is on a long drive.
Any of you Safari enthusiasts... can you help me... one, since I got this Beast, the ABS lamp doesn't turn off despite four visits to the garage...?!?!?, and two, I do have some problem with the suspension bush, coz the veh makes some noise when taking deep turns...!!! Is it a recurring problem with every Safari owner...? Or, am I only lucky one? Will taking up with the TATAs help, and if yes, who should i write to??
Thanks and cheers
Closed Thread