Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2009, 23:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Belated introduction, from Hyderabad CUG member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

.....we know the people who are making statements here. They are senior members and have introduced themselves to us in the past. You may even be qualified to rubbish everything "this ajmat" and anyone else has said, but unfortunately we don't know who you are.

Please introduce yourself or nobody will take you seriously.

The above post by TBHP's resident Yeti a.k.a Sam Kapasi reminded me that I was remiss in not properly introducing myself on the forum. The Hyderabad TBHPians though, both know and tolerate me - thanks guys.

I registered over a year ago and was in 'dormant' mode. One drive with the local chapter in January this year, changed all that and am now addicted to TBHP.

I am an 'oldie' being 43 years old. In other words, I learnt to drive on Ambassadors! I used to be a lawyer but am in the process of chucking it up. I sometimes describe myself as a farmer, as I have the documentation to prove that I am. Farming however, is still in the pipeline so one might describe me as semi-retired for now.

As mentioned, I learned to drive on Ambassadors and a Herald (Mk-I). Other family cars were a Premier and a Gazel. The first car I bought was a Premier Padmini, other cars I bought were Premier 118NE, Opel Corsa 1.6 and Skoda Laura. I have used at different times a Maruti 800, Santro, Fiat UNO, Zen, Esteem and OHC.

I learnt to ride bikes in college and have used a Jawa, Yezdi, Lambretta, Vijai Super, Ind-Suzuki - Supra, Ind-suzuki 100AX, Yamaha RX100, Bajaj Chetak, Bajaj Super, Bajaj Cub, Bajaj M80 as well as a Kinetic Honda, infrequent rides were Bullets and RD350s.

I am an amateur and inept aquarist. I like my aquariums and ponds to have lots of plants and Gouramis are my preferred fish.

I listen to oldies (no surprises here), rock (mostly classic rock), jazz, country, R&B etc. I am not too fond of electronic sounds unless they come out of a waa-waa pedal! I am an erratic reader and read anything that catches my fancy for the moment.

I used to be an absolute "petrol head" and detested Diesels. A friend convinced me to TD a Laura and I was hooked. I however remain a fan of the manual boxes for the sheer involvement. I am right now looking for a Fiat Palio 1.6 (S10, GTX PS-SP or GTX).

It is a pleasure being here on TBHP (2 infractions notwithstanding).

Cheers,
Old 8th March 2009, 15:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome to T-BHP Hyderabad Chapter. Look forward to seeing you at the next meet wearing T-BHP T-Shirt.

Till then drive safe
Old 8th March 2009, 16:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

finally, another lawyer to give me comany in the Hyd gang- no need to welcome u aboard, since you already are an integral part of our Hyd CUG....hope to see u on 15th!
Old 9th March 2009, 10:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ravveendra,

Warm welcome once again!! It just proves thought we have met recently but know the group from quite some time!!

We cannot afford now to miss you in our TBHP Hyd meets as you carry an immaculate sense of humour and wit(with WISDOM)!! Ofcourse your writing skills stand testimony to many of the events!!

Welcome aboard!! Happy Motoring!!
Old 9th March 2009, 11:38   #5
Team-BHP Support

Better late than never. Great introduction and since we know quite a bit about you already, i am presuming this introduction is a formality and perhaps more for the open forum.

It's a pleasure to interact with you everytime we meet. Safe Driving and look forwarding to your participation for all TBHP Hyderabad activities in future !!!
Old 9th March 2009, 13:35   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome (again!) to Team-BHP. It's always a pleasure to read your posts, Ravveendrra.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:39   #7
Team-BHP Support

Looking forward to a lot more posts from YOU.
Old 12th March 2009, 13:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Default Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks each one of you for the warm welcome and encouragement.

I am particularly touched by Mobike and GTO's words of appreciation, coming from you - it is indeed high praise.

Cheers,
Old 12th March 2009, 14:47   #9
BHPian

Hiya there Chief, Good to see the formal intro come through. Did help, for I got a further insight into your automotive history.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I am an amateur and inept aquarist. I like my aquariums and ponds to have lots of plants and Gouramis are my preferred fish.
Cheers,
That reminds me, you asked about the mini aquarium we have outside with the water Lilly. Its equal portions of Manure,Soil and Sand plus 2 hand fulls of Bonemeal for the pot

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 12th March 2009 at 15:07.
Closed Thread