Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2009, 00:39   #1
BHPian

Default hello

Hi all,

It's exciting to be part of this community. I chanced upon it while doing research for a road-trip I'm planning. This is going to be my first road trip in India. Having lived abroad I've driven in the USA, UK and other parts of Western Europe but India is very different!

I used to drive a Subaru Impreza LX 1994 and have driven multiple rental cars. Currently, I own a Maruti Swift Zxi 2006 and live in Bombay. My non-automotive interests are pottery, photography, music and bartending. Hoping to learn more about cars and driving as I know very little.

Thanks.

msbehave
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to a car-girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbehave View Post
This is going to be my first road trip in India. Having lived abroad I've driven in the USA, UK and other parts of Western Europe but India is very different!
Take my word for it, your Indian road trip will be far more interesting & colourful than driving on mundane American freeways. Our countryside has just so much beauty to offer. Make sure that you are well prepared though. Samurai's excellent thread (ARTICLE: Preparation for an Indian Road Trip) would be a good place to start.

We'd also appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section. Look forward to seeing your trip report!
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:42   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions GTO. The preparatory thread is indispensable. I completely agree with you on the Indian road trip being more exciting. Not only is it more beautiful, but also has more character - human pitstops can be a tiny, quaint places rather than a cookie-cutter mcdonald type. Thus far, I've enjoyed my smaller drives mumbai - lonavala/pune and mumbai - nashik. So, really looking forward to my 20 day road trip but not before I read up a whole lot more on all the relevant threads here at team-BHP.
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:27   #4
BHPian

Welcome Aboard msbehave ! Looks like you've come to the right address....you'll get all you want and more from all the so very helpful tbhpians out here !
Closed Thread