Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2009, 12:00   #1
BHPian

Post Hello TEAM-BHP

I am Sahir Kittur, Male 38 years presently working in Logistics for an Oil & gas company in Qatar.
I grew up on a Jawa/bullet/yezdi. I was attracted to automobiles since my childhood. As we did not own a car those days, I learned to drive on my freinds tankers. ( tata/leyland ) These are the most difficult to control. During these days I learned some crazy but helpful things the truckers did. For eg. How to start a truck with starter problems with the help of a rope coiled around the propellor shaft. Well the most interesting one is the use of comdom to repair minor leaks on fuel & brake lines. I still carry some of them in the toolbox of my Omni.
I started working overseas in Saudi arabia & then in Oil & gas companies in Kazakhstan & Nigeria.
I thank TEAM-BHP to accept me a member & promise to contribute to the forum with the best of my knowledge.
Best regards,
God Bless Us All.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:41   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
As we did not own a car those days, I learned to drive on my freinds tankers. ( tata/leyland ) These are the most difficult to control. During these days I learned some crazy but helpful things the truckers did.
You learnt how to drive on a TRUCK! Your first car must have been a piece of cake in comparison. Bet it was difficult to adapt.

Quote:
Well the most interesting one is the use of comdom to repair minor leaks on fuel & brake lines.
Now that's a story I'd love to hear.

Welcome Sahir. I can tell there are some interesting posts coming from you.
Old 4th April 2009, 13:27   #3
BHPian

GTO,
You will see some really contibuting posts from me. The first one will be on the Belgaum -Tilari - Goa route. I just found just 1 post on this route. Many are not even aware that this route exists. I will do a complete route review with pictures in the 3 rd. week of april.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Oil Man.

Tell us about this rope trick sometime, and I'm sure everyone here looks forward to hearing more about your motoring experiences.
Closed Thread