Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2009, 22:22   #1

Default Finally I am A Member

Hii all,
I am finally a member of Team BHP after the Moderators agreed to take me in..... Thanks everyone.
I am really glad to see so many people actively participating and discussing their cars and jeeps here. I am basically a Jeep guy. I do a construction & mining equipment business in nagpur and drive about a lac of kilometers every year. I travel great locations which off roaders can dream of driving.

Generally I drive an innova and sometimes a volkswagen Passat. Have owned octavias lauras, endeavour, Ikon and a lot of other performance cars. Now I seriously intend to buy a good offroader.
I am sure iam going to find a lot of likeminded friends here.
Old 1st May 2009, 22:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the locks, i thought you meant hair

Bad jokes and assumptions aside, welcome to the forum. You appear to be a jeeper minus a jeep. Do you freeload with friends or do you have plans to get one/sold yours or something like that
Old 4th May 2009, 10:45   #3

Heyy Hii ....
You Are Right , I Am A Jeeper Without A Jeep.. Had A Gypsy The Car I Loved So Much But It Lies In The Mines At Korba. I Get To Drive It When I Go There.

I Own No Personal Jeep But We Own Jeeps For Travelling Into The Mines. Its Actually This Website Which Got The Jeeper Back Into Me. I Have Driven Seriously Bad Patches Of Slush And Muck In The Mines. Even Tried Climbing Hills But I Feel A Real Offroader Should Be Able To Climb Rocks. I Really Want To Be A Part Of One Jeep Excursion Where I Can Get To Meet A Lot Of Other Offroaders And Learn Jeeps.

Good To Hear From You. What Do You Do???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use proper Capitalization and DONOT capitalize all the words!

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th May 2009 at 11:26. Reason: Please type with proper capitalization
Old 4th May 2009, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Welcome Dear,

Jeeper without a Jeep, thats a very nice punch line.

Also there is a excursion of such sort happening & you can find it in the Forum section, but to be a part of it, you have to own a 4X4, BTW which offroader you are looking to buy, an Indian or a Imported

Welcome again & go through the rules section. Our Moderators remind me of our old Headmasters (as good as they can get)
Old 4th May 2009, 23:08   #5

My heart lies in buying a MM550 Jeep and modify it with sand tires, and a semi top.
But for all practical reasons i would stick to either the bolero CRDE 4x4 or the safari.

I wouldlike you guys to tell me a car within 12lakhs wth a 4x4 and also a comfortable highwway cruiser. i travel a lot on the highways. I dislike the safari for the poor handling of the car. the innova is more carllike and excellent handling of the car.
Old 5th May 2009, 10:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by locksnrocks View Post
....I am basically a Jeep guy. ....
I travel great locations which off roaders can dream of driving. ...
Quote:
My heart lies in buying a MM550 Jeep ...

But for all practical reasons i would stick to either the bolero CRDE 4x4 or the safari. ...
A jeep guy, thinking practicality and wanting to buy a bolero/safari . Nice one.

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse. Have fun.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:14   #7
BHPian

hmm... all your traits dont seem jeep guys-like..!

welcome aboard.. nice to see more people joining from nagpur. I had spent around 2 good years of my life there..

just curious, where do you get to off-road in nagpur?
Old 5th May 2009, 11:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldlike you guys to tell me a car within 12lakhs wth a 4x4 and also a comfortable highwway cruiser. i travel a lot on the highways. I dislike the safari for the poor handling of the car. the innova is more carllike and excellent handling of the car.
Why not Scorpio? It's got a 4X4 option and gives pretty decent performance on highway and off-roads (though may not be the best in both) and will fit in your budget of 12 lkh, any other stuff will cost you around 20 lkhs
Old 5th May 2009, 15:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
My heart lies in buying a MM550 Jeep and modify it with sand tires, and a semi top.
But for all practical reasons i would stick to either the bolero CRDE 4x4 or the safari.

Nothing will beat Scorpio 4X4 with that cost, valur fo rmoney as well as for offroading & cruising on highways.

Suggest you take a test drive !!!
Old 5th May 2009, 16:45   #10
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, you are at the right place. Have a good time!!
Old 11th May 2009, 10:24   #11

Default offroads in nagpur

Nagpur has some good places to go try offroading. One is a place called jhilpi ( via hingna ) the road connects Butibori. You find 3 lakes, and serious good terrains to drive there.

For softroaders drive towards jabalpur and any place off the highway is good for offroading.
Closed Thread