Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2009, 14:11   #1
BHPian

Default Hello TBHP-ians!

Thanks!
- To Moderators for approving my registration request
- To BHPians for making the place such that it is a privilege to be part of the team.
I am currently living in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai and work in the IT sector.
Childhood was spent in Goa with dad being in the Navy and life wad indeed good there. After Goa, I was in Bhopal for a year and then in Bangalore for 3 years. All these states contributed to my education of Hospitality and IT Industries.

It would not be accurate to say that I was a car and bike freak right from the beginning, but, there were always more of aircraft and car pictures in my collection than people and places category.

I came to know about Team BHP in later half on 2004 when I was looking for help online for purchasing my first car. IN the beginning, I was at the mercy of chutta-putta reviews and Mouthshut.com. Was quite impressed by Team BHP and ended up with a 98 Model Zen. Still happy with the decision!

During school days I used my brother’s Bajaj M-80. Boy, some workhorse it was! Went across the state of Goa, took me to school, and even took the saline water and sand of the local beaches. It did all that, with no maintenance issues and very easy on the pocket too. In Mumbai, I had a Suzuki Samurai which was after 8 years and 60 odd K kilometers sold in pristine and original state with only the headlight assembly changed. Now I have a Yamaha Gladiator which has done 6.5K Kilometers in the last 3-4 months. It is my chosen ride for daily commuting between Kharghar (home) and Bandra (office) considering the traffic conditions on that route.

Rather than passion for cars leading me to Team BHP, it was the other way around. Team BHP kindled the Passion for Cars in me. With growing practical knowledge and being in company of the BHPians, I started understanding and hence loving the cars and their engines. I would believe the zeal towards “good driving skills” and “proper maintenance” is what makes me love my car and my bike. Modifications and insane power thirst is not topping my list of priorities, though I would not refuse them of course!

As a person, my aspiration is to be the kind of person around whom people feel comfortable. Working on it, it is like a major restoration project… goes on and on and on with new ideas and features.
I like photography. Don’t know when or what got me hooked to it but I just love trying to get the best frame of any view. I have attempted everything, from the housefly to the picture on the wall, to stones and even the Moon (quite a large piece of rock that one!).
Finally I feel inclined towards scenery more than live subjects. Rudra sir’s (and some others’ too) photos are really worth learning from. I currently use a Canon A480 for day to day basis and, for more ambitious sessions, I use a Canon S5 IS. Cannot afford the fancy stuff yet and even if I could might not be able to utilize it properly as yet.

Rest, I am sure you will know me more as time passes and we interact.

Thanks and Regards,
Saurab Chatterjee
Old 29th May 2009, 14:57   #2
BHPian

great to have to have you here. Hope to hear from you in the forums
Old 29th May 2009, 20:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Five years later!!!

Welcome aboard Saurab, nice intro.

Great to finally have you here with us in full capacity

cya around,
R