Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 8th June 2009, 10:31   #1
BHPian

Default Good things come in three's!

Hi Team-BHPians,

Am so very glad to come on board, and would like to put on the record that this is perhaps the most interactive and engaging auto sites ever.

It is a privilege to be part of this family. Over the last few weeks, I have got to know a lot of the BHP-ians (even without being a member), having surfed incessantly, hooked as I was and continue to be, gone through the posts, and marvelled at what man and machine, in perfect harmony (or sometimes with a total lack of it, given the vagaries of the terrain, etc!), can achieve.

I do a lot of travelling in my free time (particularly over weekends), and Team-BHP has made me realise the sheer necessity of clicking picture after picture after picture. In the many threads that I have been through in the Travelogue section, I have seen that not only can we relive our own trip, but we can have others enjoy it to the full too, as I have so very much.

Thanks to everyone, and look forward to sharing my own experiences with one and all sometime very, very soon.

Cheers!
Old 8th June 2009, 10:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

A warm welcome to TBHP.
Have a blast here and don't forget to share your weekend trips report and with lots of pictures to ornate them.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:57   #3
BHPian

Welcome Rajeev N,

Hope you have a nice stay. Nice punch line which you use, What cars you drive & which locations you choose. Suggest some so I can venture out as well to newer places.,

Last edited by SamtheLeo : 8th June 2009 at 11:08. Reason: I was welcoming Rajeevn & not our respected moderator Rudra :)
Old 9th June 2009, 10:04   #4
BHPian

Sam,

Thanks, and yes, I am sure I will have a great time here. I mostly travel to the hills, and being based out of Delhi, there's choice galore. I will post some of my memories from the trips, with the limited pictures that I do have, and I hope they make some sense to everyone here. But nothing in the class of what the others have done.

Rudra,

Thanks2. Sure thing, on having a blast and ensuring that I share my experiences with everyone on board here.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevn View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

Am so very glad to come on board, and would like to put on the record that this is perhaps the most interactive and engaging auto sites ever.
Warm welcome, Rajeev! Have fun!

What does the 'three' in your message title refer to? Pardon me, if I've missed something.

Regards
Rex
Old 9th June 2009, 14:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Warm welcome, Rajeev! Have fun!

What does the 'three' in your message title refer to? Pardon me, if I've missed something.

Regards
Rex
Hi Rex,

The fault lies with me—in not having elaborated. On one single day, I got my (in order of importance)...
1. Increment letter from the office
2. Enfield Thunderbird
3. Team BHP membership

That was what led to the quip from my side!!

Thanks for writing in.

Sam,

Aplologies... Didn't anwer your query in its totality. I have a 2008 Camry, a Ford Fiesta which I am nuts about, and an Enfield Thunderbird.

Plan to get a Gypsy when I can afford it and live life properly... :-)

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th June 2009 at 14:58. Reason: Please wait for moderator approval. Thanks
Old 9th June 2009, 15:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2008 Camry, a Ford Fiesta which I am nuts about, and an Enfield Thunderbird.

Plan to get a Gypsy when I can afford it and live life properly... :-)
Welcome Rajeev, spoken like a true enthusiast
Old 12th June 2009, 17:07   #8
BHPian

OOOPS. Just read my last post, am a dunce sometimes--have been terrible caught up for the last few days... Managed to reverse the "order of importance"...

Sigh!

I meant got three things in one go and the order should have read:
1. Team BHP membership;
2. Enfield Thunderbird; and
3. Increment letter from the office.

Egg on face and all that. Sorry, friends
Old 12th June 2009, 17:17   #9
BHPian

Welcome aboard and have fun.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant got three things in one go and the order should have read:
1. Team BHP membership;
2. Enfield Thunderbird; and
3. Increment letter from the office.

Egg on face and all that. Sorry, friends

Are you sure your boss ain't a member/lurker over here, he may not be very happy to see the order

Welcome Onboard Rajeev.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:38   #11
BHPian

Welcome rajeev bhai,

3 things in one go. pretty lucky you are, well i like the 3rd thing you got. I am pretty low these days on Vitamin M. What i mean is, altough i have this passion for cars (specially SUV`s) what if i don`t get to put in diesel in them??

I don`t care if i get 3 meals a day, but what matter is feeding my fuel hungry car. This fear of running out of fuel is killing me these days.

Last edited by Abbas : 12th June 2009 at 17:39.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice intro.

Welcome to TBHP.
Old 12th June 2009, 18:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

LOL. Great intro Rajeevn,

Hope you have been having a great time so far.

See you around,
R
Old 13th June 2009, 01:12   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
LOL. Great intro Rajeevn,

Hope you have been having a great time so far.

See you around,
R

Thanks, Rehaan Bhai—Have been having a blast, dont want to name anyone in particular, would be terribly unfair to so many others...

I thought I was a hero, SIGH... This site tames people down, cuts them down to size—at least it did me!!

Here's one or two or three names, my bit to being totally politically incorrect, but these guys are KINGS...

1. ADC and his two trips to Himachal and the North-East are unbelievable. The picture of his only puncture (first trip) or his little boy running on the road in the high mountains will linger in the memory forever. What do I even deign to say about his other pictures that so many made their wallpapers? I ENVY HIM [and I just wish he had that video camera hanging on his neck on Trip 2 as well!].

2. My friend 4X4 from Punjab, who kept jostling with the guards, and waited and waited and waited with his so understanding and equally brave wife, and finally managed to go to Rohtang (almost got there, twice over) in his Safari [after the Zen and Qualis 'runways' gave up]. Persistence, your name is this friend. Hats off to you, brother—this is really the stuff legends are made of. And his pictures—words will never do justice, so shall not even try and praise them. Loved his 4x4 sticker, as much, almost, as his Scorpio wading throiugh the snow. And the Unicorns (sic.). Dazzling stuff.

3. Team BHP doing the GQ, TWICE... What are these guys made off?!! When will I have the courage (or the time) to do this? Amazing, and awe-inspiring. I did Desert Storm 2008. Finished on the podium... Thought I was great. KING KONG. Seems like a joke now, compared to what the TEAM guys do on a whim, and do it again (saw the latest travelogue as well). Amazing. Not right, of them to make everyone feel puny. (please continue to inspire!!).

HATS OFF, TEAM. Keep those incredible travelogues rolling in.

It's good to be part of this family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Are you sure your boss ain't a member/lurker over here, he may not be very happy to see the order

Welcome Onboard Rajeev.
As luck would have it, and the legend goes within the office team, went for a drive a week after he joined, and was streaking past Dharampur when I saw a familiar face (his) having a pizza... Reversed, shook hands, got berated for driving too fast, and then spent the next three days driving with him through Himachal. He is still my boss, I still have my job, and out of the office, we are the best travel friends. In office, he is all business, and love him for that.

PS: He is also one of the biggest Corporate honchos in the country. Was in every newspaper in the country, and overseas, yesterday ( I GOT HIM THERE!!). Proud of it, of me... but bext of all, proud of the drives we have been on together. No one knows—except TEAM BHP now.

Thanks... Had wanted to share that with someone, and you gave me the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice intro.

Welcome to TBHP.

Thanks JK Bhai... It's fun to be here. And to be able to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post

Welcome Onboard Rajeev.

Hindsight—am glad I tried to join TEAM BHP, and gladder still that I was allowed to become a member. Why? Here's why—for one, I salute the moderator who cleared my post (the one you referred to). And my special thanks to him, for I respect the site all the more due to him.

I got the order of my "three good things" wrong. He read what I wrote without knowing I was a dunce. And he still posted it for all to read nevertheless.

I WAS a dunce.

He was all heart.

Moral: Will read everything thrice before posting, going forward, and not let my excitement at being a member get the better of me.

Quote:
Thanks, Rehaan Bhai—Have been having a blast, dont want to name anyone in particular, would be terribly unfair to so many others...

I thought I was a hero, SIGH... This site tames people down, cuts them down to size—at least it did me!!

Here's one or two or three names, my bit to being totally politically incorrect, but these guys are KINGS...

1. ADC and his two trips to Himachal and the North-East are unbelievable. The picture of his only puncture (first trip) or his little boy running on the road in the high mountains will linger in the memory forever. What do I even deign to say about his other pictures that so many made their wallpapers? I ENVY HIM [and I just wish he had that video camera hanging on his neck on Trip 2 as well!].

2. My friend 4X4 from Punjab, who kept jostling with the guards, and waited and waited and waited with his so understanding and equally brave wife, and finally managed to go to Rohtang (almost got there, twice over) in his Safari [after the Zen and Qualis 'runways' gave up]. Persistence, your name is this friend. Hats off to you, brother—this is really the stuff legends are made of. And his pictures—words will never do justice, so shall not even try and praise them. Loved his 4x4 sticker, as much, almost, as his Scorpio wading throiugh the snow. And the Unicorns (sic.). Dazzling stuff.

3. Team BHP doing the GQ, TWICE... What are these guys made off?!! When will I have the courage (or the time) to do this? Amazing, and awe-inspiring. I did Desert Storm 2008. Finished on the podium... Thought I was great. KING KONG. Seems like a joke now, compared to what the TEAM guys do on a whim, and do it again (saw the latest travelogue as well). Amazing. Not right, of them to make everyone feel puny. (please continue to inspire!!).

HATS OFF, TEAM. Keep those incredible travelogues rolling in.

It's good to be part of this family.

SAFARI. Got so carried away with friend who did Rohtang, that I said "Scorpio" in point # 2, instad of a Tata Safari. Sorry. And (sic), I work for the Tata Group... I am sometimes.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th June 2009 at 14:56. Reason: Please read the note in post, Thanks
Closed Thread