Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2009, 00:58   #1
BHPian

Default Phew! In Finally..

Hello Team BHp!

Let me tell you at the outset that in my entire life, the first ( and hopefully the last ) time a door closed temporarily on my application seeking entry was at the portal of Team BHp!
That surely raised my antennas, and did wonders to my ego, and there I was, getting lots more serious in my 'application' to enter!
I found the site on the Net, and the passion for things automobile on this site is really infectious. Suddenly, I am a child again, and looking critically at new cars for what they really offer, besides a brand name.
I am a 'fauji', and a true blue one at that - been in the 'system' since age eleven, ie since school days ( belong to a school called the Rashtriya Indian Military College) - followed by the full Monty of NDA and IMA.
So, like most faujis, I have a gleaming postal red Maruti 800 shining at the porch of a sprawling bungalow. The 'gaddi' is ten years old, but seriously, even today, were I to give an ad for disposing off the beauty, I'd say , ' Single owner, excellent condition , blah and blah'!
The Sixth Pay Commision Arrears have queered the pitch somewhat. My rationalisations for staying with the M 800 are now on shifty ground. The hard earned moolah yearns to find form in the shape of an 'aspirational' car; the colons are because one man's 'aspiration' might well be another man's 'perspiration'!
It was my research into cars that brought me to this forum, and attracted me straightaway to all these 'boys' talking about their 'toys'!
I hope my search for a new set of wheels will fructify through these pages.
Besides torque and pick up, I am also interested in reading, writing and photography.
In fact, if the Team wishes, I can be their unofficial scribe!
Cheers and thanks once again for letting me in ( finally!)

Last edited by Archer2005 : 12th June 2009 at 01:14.
Old 12th June 2009, 01:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Welcome

Hi Archer,

Welcome to TBHP. It is nice to have another member from the twin cities of Hyd-Sec.

That was a wonderful introduction you wrote and yes, we could do with a scribe! You could check out the 'images' threads, the DSLR threads as well as the reading etc. threads. TBHP is not just about automobiles and has a wealth of information on several diverse topics. I hope you enjoy your time here. Oh yes, please do post your experiences and opinions so that the rest of us are benefitted by your experience. (Your initial posts will come up late as they have to be vetted, once you cross the 25 post milestone your posts will appear immediately).

The Hyderabad chapter of Team-BHP is quite active (though not always sane). Please look out for the Hyderabad - May/June/July etc meets threads. There is also a 'guide to eating out in Hyderabad' thread and is sorely lacking information on joints in Secunderabad, I hope you can spread some light there too.

Cheers,

Cheers,
Old 12th June 2009, 10:36   #3
BHPian

Welcome to T-bhp - from a newbie here!

Your hobbies are very close to a lot of people here and you'll definitely find great company in developing all of them here - not just for the search of the elusive "perfect car". This is one of the most civilized forums I have seen online and thankfully does not cross the border into "over-moderated"; the wealth of knowledge is immense and the quality of posts really high.

Enjoy your stay here and hope you do find the best car for you!

Cheers!
Payne
Old 12th June 2009, 12:23   #4
BHPian

Welcome Archer. I am sure that you will find a lot of things interested out here and am sure that we will also get to hear a lot from you.

Have fun.
Closed Thread