Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2009, 17:16   #1
BHPian

Default Greeting all Team-BHPians

Special thanks to the moderators, who put in a lot of hard work to maintain this site and they make an excellent job of it. Thanks also for accepting me as a member. I feel really proud to belong to such a marvelous group of car enthusiasts.

I am Anil, was born in Bombay some 58 years ago, and now live in Mumbai. I work for a government research institute and trained as an electronics engineer. It's another matter that I have forgotten nearly all of electronics by now. Had a Yezdi in my youth and am proud to say that I maintained the bike all by myself. Can't say I am a great car enthusiast but I finally got myself the modest Alto a few months ago and lovingly call her as ‘Bebo’. My user name is a simple unassuming fold up of the Alto’s slogan ‘let’s go’. Had assumed I would not make a good driver, but did manage to get onto the Mumbai-Pune freeway up to Khandala just yesterday (Sunday 26 July). It's lovely out there right now, so posting a few pictures in this introduction (hope I am not breaking any rule).

Ciao
Attached Thumbnails
Greeting all Team-BHPians-khandala4.jpg  

Greeting all Team-BHPians-khandala3.jpg  

Greeting all Team-BHPians-khandala5.jpg  

Old 27th July 2009, 17:38   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dear Gostel,

Nice to know you!

By the way, the snaps are out of this world, very nice.keep sending pictures to us.

lets know about your experiences with your yezdi and the alto, though i feel the yezdi days would be more interesting. have you gone riding all alone anywhere. lets know.i do lots of riding even now taking my friend's bike.

last, but not the least, you have a great name !

bye
Old 27th July 2009, 17:42   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Gostel,

post some pictures of your car too !
Old 28th July 2009, 10:28   #4
BHPian

Dear Srinivas,

Omigosh! did not expect such a quick and such an encouraging response. Thanks for saying such nice things. Thanks for appreciating the photographs. I have yet to hone my photography skills, its just that Khandala is indeed so enchanting at this time of the year. No small wonder that Aamir Khan asks "Aati kya Khandala?"
Yes, shall soon try to post some pictures of the car too.
take care
Anil.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:03   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome gostel. First car in the Alto? New to highways? The expressway must have been quite an experience. Plenty of driving tips on the forum. Do spend some time search n' reading.

We'd also appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section just once, for familiarisation. See ya around the forums!
Closed Thread