Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2009, 17:39   #1

Default Hello everybody

I came across this fine forum a few days back while doing some research on engine coolants. I am very happy to see a great community of auto enthusiasts.
I am currently based in Mumbai and work in the investments area. I have recently (re)discovered an interest in automobiles and machines in general. In the past I have been interested on and off in aircraft, playing the violin, painting.
Learnt driving relatively late in life. Perhaps some of you share the barefoot training sessions with the driving instructors in India. But never did drive much in India. In fact I had a terrifying tendency to twitch the wheel whenever i changed gears!
My first car was a BMW 330xi in the US. I fell in love with that machine. Also owned a Hyundai Tiburon GT (actually the wife drove it). Came back to India last year and now own a Hyundai Accent Viva. Have really not maintained it and feel terrible about letting down a nice car. (great engine, mediocre interiors). Hope to rectify the situation.
Not very auto tech savvy yet. Hope to learn and share experiences here.
cheers
Old 6th August 2009, 19:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey welcome aboard 330xi,

When i saw your ID i was pretty sure we'd have someone from the USA here and was a little suprised to see "Mumbai" as the location. Though after reading your intro it made sense again - Somewhere on the east coast? NY, CT, NJ, MA? Who else would want a 330xi right?

I'm sure you'll have a good time looking around the forums. Lots to see and lots to learn.

cya
R
Old 6th August 2009, 21:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

I thought it was 330ix. I used to have a 1987 325ix when I lived in the Catskills. It is a great car to take when going to all teh ski slopes in the area.
Old 7th August 2009, 01:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

From a 330xi to a Accent Viva! Wow now that's some change! How do you find the difference?
Old 7th August 2009, 11:22   #5

@rehaan: Actually was in GA. I know, thats a crazy place to have a 330xi. But i got a good deal and also found that the audi a4 and the merc c class didnt compare to this ride. It was pre-owned.
@navin: Didnt know there was a ix variant as well. Mine was definitely xi.
@iraghava: The Viva is nice. Good power in the 2/3 gears. Its no bimmer but then my purchasing power has declined coming back to India! Plus what does one do with a 225 bhp car on the potholes of mumbai where life is all about 1/2/3 gears.

cheers
Closed Thread