Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 8th August 2009, 13:19   #1
BANNED

Default A Big Hello to all

Hi,
I'm Amjad from Ponda Goa
I've been checking this site for some time now and my membership has been granted. I don't really know to write a good intro so I copied some points from Rehan's thread as a guide.
- Your age (not a must but it helps)-35
- What do you do?- I work for the Department of Transport (RTO)
- How did you hear about Team-BHP?-I saw a sticker on a car which I stopped during a routine check.
- Your current interests (within the automotive field and out of it)-Painting and Gardening. In the Automotive field, I'll have to post in different threads to list out my interests.
- Cars you have previously owned, currently own or wish to own-Maruti Alto (daily drive), i10(Wife), Fiat Petra (Family owned), Mahindra Bolero & Maruti Esteem (Official Cars).

I hope this is a sufficient intro. More details will follow as this thread progresses.

Cheers
Amjad Xeq.
Old 8th August 2009, 13:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Amjad, Welcome to the community my friend. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here and there will be lots to learn from you and get insights on RTO matters concerning motorists.

And hey, just like the RTO has rules, the comunity has rules here and do have a quick look at them so that your stay is 'ticket free' here.

Again, welcome and really nice to have you as part of the community
Old 8th August 2009, 13:27   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard Amjad.

I am sure you will be of great help to people with RTO related questions.

Looking forward to your contributions. Welcome again.
Old 8th August 2009, 13:35   #4
BHPian

Really nice to see a official of the RTO on the forums, you might be a boon to so many members. Welcome to the forum.
Old 8th August 2009, 13:43   #5
BANNED

Hi Amjad,
Welcome to TBHP. I'm a new BHPian too. Nice to see another Goencar BHPian. Why don't you come for the meet. I haven't met the others too. Do bring the Interceptor for the meet.
Old 8th August 2009, 13:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you want to post, you will have to pay a fine of Rs. 500. Or you can settle here between us for 100.
Old 8th August 2009, 18:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Ford Richa gto,

What exactly does your nickname mean?

I must say i enjoyed reading your "Why Team-BHP?" note which, like your intro, mentioned that you saw the Team-BHP sticker on a car that you stopped for a routine check!

Do tell the full story here for everyones enjoyment if you can.

cya around,
R
Old 8th August 2009, 19:56   #8
BHPian

Default welcome mr amjad ..question for you name transfer

mr Amjad . let me welcome you with you a question which iam sure you have capacity/position to reply.
see when a person sell his vehicle (car) and insists on name transfer the buyer says," i will do it ..dont bother" . my question is , IS THERE ANY METHOD FOR THE SELLER to inform the RTO reg his/her sale and if YES what should be done.how to approach the RTO. with what papers?
your clarification would be helpful for many here i hope. thanks.
Old 9th August 2009, 03:52   #9
BHPian

welcome amjad,
hey all, the post count is freezed i think.
post count is not increasing atleast for me !!!!!
Old 9th August 2009, 11:18   #10
BANNED

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I am sure you will enjoy your stay here and there will be lots to learn from you and get insights on RTO matters concerning motorists.
And hey, just like the RTO has rules, the comunity has rules here and do have a quick look at them so that your stay is 'ticket free' here.
I'll do my best to help out with any querries on RTO matters. Just like you read the rule book before your driving test, I too read the rules here. But I will check again to see if I missed out anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I am sure you will be of great help to people with RTO related questions.Looking forward to your contributions.
Just ask any I will try to give the best answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Really nice to see a official of the RTO on the forums, you might be a boon to so many members. Welcome to the forum.
I hope I can be of some help to you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Hi Amjad,
Welcome to TBHP. I'm a new BHPian too. Nice to see another Goencar BHPian. Why don't you come for the meet. I haven't met the others too. Do bring the Interceptor for the meet.
Yes Patrao. When and where is the meet. I'll show you the interceptor whenever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Ford Richa gto,

What exactly does your nickname mean?

I must say i enjoyed reading your "Why Team-BHP?" note which, like your intro, mentioned that you saw the Team-BHP sticker on a car that you stopped for a routine check!

Do tell the full story here for everyones enjoyment if you can.

cya around,
R
Haha! As you know such a car does not exist. Just an outrageous concept car in my mind. I've always been fascinated by Ford sports cars so it had to be Ford. Now every car has a model name. My neighbours have a Fiesta and a small kid who loves the car. So this model is dedicated to this lovely kid. Any lastly the suffix needs no explanation, being attached to a number of great cars. I must get down to putting my ideas as a drawing.
Regarding the sticker, I guess the guy must have removed them by now. But hopefully I'll get hold of him again at one of the meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
mr Amjad . let me welcome you with you a question which iam sure you have capacity/position to reply.
see when a person sell his vehicle (car) and insists on name transfer the buyer says," i will do it ..dont bother" . my question is , IS THERE ANY METHOD FOR THE SELLER to inform the RTO reg his/her sale and if YES what should be done.how to approach the RTO. with what papers?
your clarification would be helpful for many here i hope. thanks.
This is what normally happens. But you can safeguard yourself by making sure all the documents are COMPLETE before you hand them over. Keep a photocopy for yourself and take a delivery note from the buyer. You can send a copy of the documents to the RTO. After a few weeks, check at the RTO or on the website if the vehicle is in the new owners name. I know this varies from place to place and there are some difficulties. But there will be some changes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
hey all, the post count is freezed i think.
post count is not increasing atleast for me !!!!!
Why are you counting posts?
Old 9th August 2009, 14:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the team Amjad. I am sure you will add a lot of value to our discussions here and guide us in matters of the RTO.

Have a wonderful experience here.

@ghpk - read the rules - Posts in the Introduction section,Shifting gears and Collection of best threads dont increase post count.
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting
Also posts in
Old 10th August 2009, 01:03   #12
BHPian

Sammyboy, thanks for reminding, I completely forgot about that point.
Old 10th August 2009, 08:07   #13
BHPian

Hi Ajmad,

Welcome aboard. Hope you have a good time here and hopefully you'll be able to help some of us with your knowledge and experience.

Cheers,
KK
Old 10th August 2009, 11:07   #14
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Richa gto View Post
-What do you do?- I work for the Department of Transport (RTO)
-How did you hear about Team-BHP?-I saw a sticker on a car which I stopped during a routine check.
Amjad,

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you on the forum. I'm sure you being from the RTO, will have good inputs for all of us. Perhaps, you can start an initiative with the RTO and T-Bhp towards road safety.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 10th August 2009, 17:31   #15
BHPian

Welcome Amjad, will be surely interesting to see the exotic contribution from your end, being in RTO in Goa
Imp: Remove any registration number related info from the postings
Closed Thread