Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 18:59   #1
Newbie
 
zoomzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Hello TBHPians!

Hi Everyone,

I've been a guest on this forum for at least the last 3 years. How did I hear about Team-BHP? Searches on anything about cars in India, Team-BHP will throw up the most unbiased, detailed and informative views and opinions. You guys are simply amazing and I'm proud to be a member of this forum.

A little about myself. I'm based in Bangalore, and work in the IT Industry, more specifically on the Telecom/Datacom domain. Been interested in cars much further back than I can remember. Family's first car was a metallic-blue 1970 (Mitsubishi) Colt Gallant, which I drove (well, turned the steering wheel actually) sitting on my dads lap as a toddler. Later on, we had a white 1981 Datsun (Nissan) Cherry which I have very fond memories of.

The first car I bought mydelf was a pre-owned silver 1998 TATA Sierra, sharing the ownership along with a friend. Next up, was a pre-owned blue 1999 (GM) Saturn SL2. This was followed by a new Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX, which sadly I sold off recently.

Currently I own a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack, which I bought after reading the comprehensive reviews on this forum. I'm a real happy Punto owner now, all thanks to the folks on the forum.

Apart from this, I do a little cycling whenever I can make the time - aiming to commute to work at least 1-2 times week on my all-terrain bike. Other interests include astronomy, model railways, reading and generally messing around with electronics.

Looking forward to leverage truckloads of information shared by the members here and contribute to this wonderful forum.
Cheers,
zoomzoom
zoomzoom is offline  
Old 28th August 2009, 11:09   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,536
Thanked: 80,237 Times
Default

Welcome aboard Zoom2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
Searches on anything about cars in India, Team-BHP will throw up the most unbiased, detailed and informative views and opinions. You guys are simply amazing and I'm proud to be a member of this forum.
Thank you for making my morning

Quote:
Been interested in cars much further back than I can remember. Family's first car was a metallic-blue 1970 (Mitsubishi) Colt Gallant, which I drove (well, turned the steering wheel actually) sitting on my dads lap as a toddler. Later on, we had a white 1981 Datsun (Nissan) Cherry which I have very fond memories of.
In India? Looks like your Dad had a thing for Jap imports.

Quote:
Currently I own a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack, which I bought after reading the comprehensive reviews on this forum.
Nice hatch, the engine sounds delicious at high-revvs in a very Italian way. Hows the FE treating you though? I used up a good portion of the tank in a 330 km spirited highway drive (rpm needle only on the red).

Do take a quick pitstop by our board rules section, we'd appreciate that.
GTO is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello All TBHPians... pirate Introduce yourself 3 19th June 2009 19:49
Hello To fellow TBHPians!!!! dreamdiesel Introduce yourself 2 25th August 2008 07:56
Hello Vancouver... Any TBHPians here? leodelg Shifting gears 1 28th July 2008 11:52
A BIG hello to TBHPians HondaS2K Introduce yourself 4 22nd May 2007 23:31
A formal hello to Tbhpians GRAY Introduce yourself 15 21st November 2005 12:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks