Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2009, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Default Hello everybody... glad to be with the gang!

Hi this is Shantanu - Shan/Sean to most friends, colleagues and acquaintances.
Am currently in Pune trundling along with a rather typical software job with a rather typical Indian IT Company.

Have been a car nut for almost as long as I can remember. Learnt to drive at 11 with the surreptitious support of my father's driver on a '75 Mahindra made Jeep, practiced it further on an Amby Mark II and then a '88 Padmini. Am interested mostly in auto-technology, especially suspension and handling, ICE and the new EV tech - do not believe much in hybrids! I am considered a good car spotter by friends too.

Somehow have never been interested in buying brand new "commuter" cars and have always preferred "just-about-new" cars bought under manufacturer assurance for the daily grind. Have probably been saving up for that 911 Turbo some day.
Currently own a black TATA Assured '06 Indica XETA GLG bought this year. Have in the past owned a bronze '98 Camry LE, silver '99 Corolla CE and a silver '05 CR-V EX, all in the USA.

I also love anything 4x4, especially the Jeep (and anything NxN - including military or construction 6x6, 8x8s, 16x16, etc.). However, recently I have completely reconciled myself to the reality of the utter uselessness of fuel guzzlers on the tarmac! Am really waiting for Electric Vehicles to mature to an extent where excessive BHPs on or off the streets does not leave one with a pang of earth warming guilt!

I am also interested in realistic remote controlled models of cars, aircrafts and trains (railroad). I can indulge in them only once in a while these days, given my 2 year old's curiosity level and penchant for destruction!

Came across Team-BHP only recently (surprise, surprise!) on a few Google Searches and decided to join in to have a jolly good time with like minded... what was that, "petrolheads", right? Glad to be here and hope to have loads of fun with the gang, both on and off line!
Old 6th September 2009, 03:11   #2
BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp Shan !!!

Nice to know about you and your passions. How come you came went for an Indica after owning such higher end babies? Anyways, see ya around. All the best.
Closed Thread