Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2009, 09:58   #1
BHPian

Default Absolutely delighted to be on here!!

Finally feel that i can be part of this fantastic community. Came across this while browsing for auto accessories in late 2007. Have been a regular visitor all these days. Did not contemplate on becoming a member earlier as it seemed that my knowledge on cars and automobiles was miniscule compared to folks on here. With all the knowledge available here and with regular subscription to the same, I now feel that i can be part of this community and may be if possible make a small contribution of my own.

Born in nice and calm Bangalore of the early 80s where I lived till age of 10 before moving to enchanting Mysore. Did my High school, College & degree(BE) in Mysore. Love to call myself as a Bangalorean to a Bangalorean and as a proud Mysorean to a Mysorean and to rest im a Kannadiga. Moved back to Bangalore in early 2005 for work in one of the plethora of MNCs in Bangalore. But Mysore is still home as my parents and brother live there and my wife is also from Mysore. My work has taken me to different parts of the world from UK to Thailand. Right now in Singapore.

My first car was a used 2001 Zen VXi (moon beam silver colour), which I bought in 2006. It was a lovely car although used to feel very small on the highway. Then exchanged the Zen for a used 2006 model Silky Silver Swift VXi in 2007. Fell in love with the Swift and enjoyed the ride height of the swift as well as the power in 2nd and 3rd gears.,but hated the lack of power at lower rpm. Was absolutely gutted to sell the Swift in early 2008 as i had to move out of India. Moved back to Bangalore in early 2009 and bought a used 2006 Baleno VXi(Pearl Silver). Absolutely loved the baleno, it was a pulsating feeling to drive the baleno and even my wife used to enjoy driving it. It brings a smile on your face everytime you drive it. Especially used to enjoy the weekend drives to Mysore. But then lightning does strike twice and my work was again taking me out of India. So with a deep regret i sold the baleno as well. This is my story so far.

A round of thanks for all the members on here for all the knowledge shared. Im very sure that I've become a better driver by being on here.

And lastly a note of thanks to the moderators for accepting my request to become a member .
Old 7th September 2009, 10:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Liverpool Red, the nick itself says that you are huge football fan. The Zen was THE hatchback to own back then . Small peppy and reliable, perfect for the city. The Swift may be more powerful but somehow the charm doesnt match up to that of the Zen.

Since you are in Singapore , it would be nice if you could share the motoring scene from Singapore with us. What car are you driving there?

Do go through the rules to familiarize yourself with the working of the forum.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:51   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the reply Dippy. And yes Im a huge Liverpool and football fan. The Zen is really a charming car. The Swift is a good car as well, but there are just too many Swifts around these days.

I use the MRT (metro in Indian lingo) here in Singapore and I hate it. Most of my time away from work though goes in seeing and appreciating the different cars here. Porsches and Maseratis are a daily affair and occasionally catch glimpse of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and GTRs. This apart from the umpteen Subarus and Lancers(nearly all are modded here).
Closed Thread