Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2009, 23:21   #1
BHPian

Default Hello All!!!

Hi Folks,

I came across Team-BHP as I was researching to finalise my next buy.

A little about myself. Just turned 31, I work in Human Resources at a company that makes everything from lightbulbs to aircraft engines.

I currently own a Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI that I picked up in September 2005. She's been a beast that's served me immensely well and after 4 years I reckon its time for a change. Incidently I had an Ikon 1.3 NXT for a year before I picked up the 1.6. So I'm totally a fan of Ford and love the pure, unadulterated driving pleasure.

Currently trying to make up my mind between the Ford Fiesta SXI and the ANHC. SX4 was knocked off the list after a test drive. Found it to be a little sluggish and didn't score very high in the looks department either. But if I had to buy a car using only my head, SX4 seemED like a good option with the fully loaded features list.

Will keep you folks updated.

Tarun
Old 16th September 2009, 11:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Tarun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunt View Post
I currently own a Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI that I picked up in September 2005. She's been a beast that's served me immensely well and after 4 years I reckon its time for a change.
You might want to stop by my thread (ARTICLE: YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?) on 4 - 5 year old cars

Quote:
So I'm totally a fan of Ford and love the pure, unadulterated driving pleasure.
Quote:
Currently trying to make up my mind between the Ford Fiesta SXI and the ANHC.
To drive, the Fiesta 1.6. As a package, the ANHC. Spend some time screening through the many ownership reports & discussions on either car.

Do stop by our forum rules section too, just once, for familiarisation.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tarun

2 Fords back to back and almost a third one in tow. Speaks alot about your brand loyalty. The Fiesta 1.6 petrol is a fantastic driver's car and the S version gets you more goodies as well. Honda has just launched a new facelifted ANHC but they have hiked the prices. Do test drive both cars before you make a decision.

How about a review on your beloved Ikon before you decide to part with it?

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:50   #4
BHPian

Thanks GTO and Dippy for the welcome and yes, thanks for approving my membership. Thrilled to be a part of this forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by GTO: You might want to stop by my thread (ARTICLE: YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?) on 4 - 5 year old cars
I did stop by this thread and yes, I'm not gonna get much if I sell my Ikon. I'm trying to convince my dad that he should sell his 2005 Zen LX and keep the Ikon. Plus, I'm planning to pick up the new car through the a company lease scheme that helps me save on tax and regn, road tax and insurance which works out to a fair amount in Bangalore. But good numbers though GTO. You're absolutely right, selling your car or picking up a shiny new one almost never makes great financial sense

Quote:
Originally posted by Dippy: The Fiesta 1.6 petrol is a fantastic driver's car and the S version gets you more goodies as well.
I loved the S version for the skirting and the 15" alloys, but I prefer the interiors of the SXI. I wonder if I can get Ford to give me the SXI with the 15" Alloys.
I've also been going the threads on the ANHC. Looks like the GC is better than in the previous version. Taking her for a TD again this weekend and will test the GC also. Pretty confused right now though.

More later.
Old 19th September 2009, 20:14   #5
BHPian

Hi Tarun,
Welecom the Team BHP! Eager to see what you decide! As you know I am a Honda Fan and definitely advice on Honda!
Gany
Old 19th September 2009, 23:23   #6
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hey Tarun,

From lightbulbs to Aircraft Engines..Seems that we work for the same company.

And I am also a hardcore Ford lover.But just sold it off and got another beast.

Cheers,
Arun
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome GE guys. you do make wonderful engines
Closed Thread