Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 30th October 2009, 10:11   #1
BHPian

Default Hello everyone, another intro with details of my Honda Civic modifications.

Hello guys,

I'm a student studying mechanical engineering at Poly-NYU.
I'm basically from India though and I'm roughly 20 years old.
My car in India is a Civic MT.

Current mods:

Engine:
Crank pulley, set of 3,
K&N typhoon intake kit,
Top-speed Pro1 header and downpipe,
Varex sound adjustable muffler,
Custom free-flow exhaust piping,
Alternator - 180 amps.
Thermostat removed + EGR valve disconnected

ICE:
CDA-9887,
Kicker 2-way crossver,
Soundstream equalizer,
Maxxbass car audio processor (uninstalled due to change in configuration, lying around somewhere),
2 pairs of TS-6975,
2 kicker 6.5 CompVT woofers,
3 pioneer TS-W307 woofers,
2 JVC center channel speakers,
1 Pioneer PRS-D4200F (older version)
1 Pioneer GM-6400F (older version)
1 Pioneer GM-5400T (older version)
1 Kenwood KAC-8152D
1 Kinetik battery
1 Optima yellow top.
4-gauge wire used till ditribution block, 6-gauge wire to connect to amplifiers.

Future mods (mostly by the end of next summer):

Engine:
Weapon-r intake manifold
410 cc injectors
ported and polished cylinder heads.
AEM-FIC or Greddy e-manage ultimate (I'm still not sure about the piggyback ecu)

ICE:
Alpine PDX-1.1000
Alpine PDX-5
Alpine CDA-9857 (have bought it, will install it in December)

I installed all of the ICE components myself as I have little trust in 'professional' guys
Am reluctant to let someone touch the cars electrical components and then later on come up and say, 'Sorry, it happened by mistake' - have heard too many times in the past. Plus, I like to know all about the wiring so that if something goes wrong in the setup, I can analyse it and solve it myself (this happens rarely but when it does, it can be quite frustrating to run to the installer to get a check and maybe even wait for a few days).

I will be posting the pics in around a month as am away from my car and I'll be returning back in around a month. No exterior modifications yet. Tires upgraded to Bridgestone Potenza 205/60 and I might upgrade the brakes soon to slotted/drilled.

Leave comments guys about what you think.
Suggestions and opinions welcomed!
Cheers!

Old 30th October 2009, 10:49   #2
BHPian

Welcome to TeamBHP cvc.

I would recommend a branded wiring kit anyday. Thickness of wire needed depends on the total RMS power of the setup. Look for Connection Audison, Kicker, Scosche etc. If you have the dough, go for the thicker set. Makes upgrade easier

Enjoy your stay here
Cheers!
Old 30th October 2009, 18:53   #3
BHPian

After going through the specs, waiting for the pics and the performance review. Would also like to know about the "moolah" component!!
Old 30th October 2009, 22:34   #4
BHPian

Hey,

This was my first post so, thanks for the replies guys.

Streetaddict: I had used a branded wirig kit for sure but, do not remember which brand it was as it was long time back. And, dont worry about the voltage drop as I had used an online calculator to calculate the total loss. I have around a 1200 RMS output, with two D-class amps running high efficency. And, maybe it was a 3-gauge wire with 4-gauge to the amps, I don't exactly remember, will check once I'm back.

Neel385: Performance is amazing, cant tell you how much it revs faster and how much the torque has changed. I had a drag with one of the 5-series, one of the lower end versions and we were going almost parallel together, till we hit 180! The colder engine at night really gives you a good feel due to cold air intake.

About the component, the 6.5" woofers are used for the low and the JVC centers are attached to each of the doors. A dedicated 4-channed amp is used for this, with a 2-channel kicker crossover where the high pass is for the centers and the low pass is for the kickers. Hi is set at around 200hz and low is set around 500hz.. gives an amazing clarity in the mids and highs while the bass is heard over a good range of frequency with a peculiar kick
Closed Thread