Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2009, 21:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Ritz Vdi Abs

Hi Friends,
I am a new member to this forum as well as I have changed over to a Maruti Wagon R to Ritz VDI (ABS).I will join with the Ritz VDI (ABS) comments time to time.
Old 5th November 2009, 21:40   #2
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the group.
How much was the deal. I assume you got good discounts. Which dealer have you got it from.
Old 6th November 2009, 11:42   #3
BHPian

welcome and congrats on your buy
also how do you rate ritz versus wagon r
Old 6th November 2009, 11:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Ritz. Navan. However it would be nice if you posted a bigger introduction of yourself. Do take time to go through the Rules to understand the working of the forum.

Welcome aboard.
Old 6th November 2009, 15:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru,Idoc and dippy,
Thanks for the post.Ya it was true I do needed some time to understand the post rules etc.In fact I am an old man of 60s and based in Chennai. I got the car from ABT Maruti Chennai.Everything went well with my sales executive and he did the best at that time that was Sept 17th of 2009. I got a discount of Cash 8000 and exchange Bonus 10000. I have went for the Marutu GA Kenwood 543 System and Kenwood 6" 2 way speakers 4.The sound quality is nice for this car and no alteration in wiring placing etc.The floor mat was a compliment which was not of RITZ but of altos and the dicky mat was of Swift.Then I had to buy a Transparent full floor mat. In addition to that I went for The GA Remote locking System,Parcel Tray,Graphics,Bumper Panels,Door Visor,reverse horn, and fabric seat cover Altogether it consumed little over 20K.I had the mind to go for a change of my car a fewmonths back I tested with Swift which I did not like due to the low seating arrangements.Then test driven the Ritz.It was better better in seating space and the interiors in comparison with the Swift.It is the most suitable car for the Wagon R changers. The seats are high,The Dash Board finishing is good.Took my grandchildren for their opinion being small they were of the colour of the Car. tOOK My friends for the final opinion.Onseeing the exterior back look they rejected in the first instance and tol me to stick to Swift.I told them to get in test drive and tell.Reluctantly they looked in sat in and slowly started to enjoy the space interiors the fountan slope gear.60/40 folding and boot and changed their mind and told to consider.Then they looked at the nirrors,light,door knob and told that the finishing is like the foreign cars like Toyota.Finally the pass verdict came and I was looking for the Bakers Choclate or Glazing blue but they insisted to go for Silky silver.So thus my silky came to me on 18th September.
It did went into city roads and Highways.Really it is a FE car.In city it gives 16 to 18plus kms per litter.The tyres are bigger and broader than WR.In 80 plus it was not a comfortable drive with WR.Where as Ritz is giving an enjoyable driving in 110 also.I went to Madurai from Chennai on 20th September it geave an average of 23kms on Highway.Then I went to Pondichery that time it was 22 kms.Once it was 24 on my vellore trip.No rattling no sound.My first car was Bolero GLXwhich was a noisy car.Then to Indica Fe was good noise was high.AC was good.Then WR everything fine the FE was bad with 9 and 10- in city.I don't know how to up load my photo.Let me learn and send the photo of my VDI. Really it is my first ABS break car.It is worth paying for the secured braek another 20k.
Over all It is a wonderful car for me and my taste.Let is go on in the forum and share our experiences.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:43   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Young man of 60+ years! Welcome. Your indefagitable spirit is a source of immense inspiration for us sir.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car , and welcome aboard !

My guess is that Navan was born in 1960, and is 49 years of age , going by his nick - correct me if I'm wrong Navan.

It's really great to have people across different age groups in this forum - a growing testimony to the diversity that t-bhp embodies.
Old 10th November 2009, 10:59   #8
BHPian

I would say born in '49 and now 60yrs of age.
None the less would say he's one of the senior most bhpian.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
You are right that I was bron in 1949 and and 60 plus.What ia there in age.It is good of you all to respect the senior. None knows everything.I may learn and get a lot from you.I use Kenwood 543 and the 6" speakes in the provisions given on 4 doors.Really wonderful effect.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
I have crosed my 6001 and filled the tank upto the brim.That time the consumption was 21km per Ltr for Ritz VDi diesel.I started on 6001 and filled at 6315 and filled after 314 kms run and it was 12.91 litters of Diesel.Which gave an average of 24km/ltr on 60 to 80 speed on all the way drive.My wheel cover went out how to replace and is there any binding methods are there for binding.Another query is that I use a small purse type key chain where my friend says the weight of the key cover will make the key loose soon>is it true.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Navan-sir , my suggestion would be to start an ownership thread and post your questions there. I'm sure it will get the attention it deserves.
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:12   #12
BHPian

Hello Navan49,

It is great to see a senior citizen like you getting a mambership in this wonderful forum and sharing your views.

And your car Ritz, that too VDi, is a wonderful car. I am also going to buy one soon, but chose petrol as my driving will mostly be in the city of Bangalore, and occasional highway drives to Chennai, Hyd, etc. Also the diesal variants werent coming with fully loaded features like ZXi, and also I found VDi expensive (crosses 6 lakhs in Bangalore).

Otherwise, especially the hit engine it has, the Diesal Ritz is a superb hatch. Enjoy your drive & safe driving.
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:19   #13
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Guys,
I have crosed my 6001 and filled the tank upto the brim.That time the consumption was 21km per Ltr for Ritz VDi diesel.I started on 6001 and filled at 6315 and filled after 314 kms run and it was 12.91 litters of Diesel.Which gave an average of 24km/ltr on 60 to 80 speed on all the way drive.My wheel cover went out how to replace and is there any binding methods are there for binding.Another query is that I use a small purse type key chain where my friend says the weight of the key cover will make the key loose soon>is it true.
Hi Navan; you got some impressive numbers on the consumption front.. Congrats..

I have been using the purse type key chain (for my house keys - The car has autocop) and haven't had any problem with it (..touch wood)..

I think it's not the weight but the shape which could let you loose it, could slide away as your friends said...

Drive Safe.. Thanks .. Hilal
Old 24th November 2009, 14:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the complimentary comment.Did you get your new car.You are right.The VDI is not fully Loaded like ZXi.But Except the tyre and the back fog and the Rear glass Viper there is not much difference. You are right about the price yes it is 6plus on addition of accessaries.I too checked all but decided for diesel but with ABS option which is included in Zxi.Me diesel is cheaper and it is only one hand drive.What is there to be senior or junior.We have to learn till the last breath better learn with out ego.Once again think over of your version because you do drive long drive like Chennai and Hybd. My previous car was Wagon R which I felt thefuel expenses are more.Now once I fill the 43 litters of fuel no problem for more than a frotnight.I too will give you feed back time to time.I was out fro a week so could not keep up with the forum
Old 24th November 2009, 14:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi ~~h,
Thank you for the support.The reason I use the purse type key chain is that the other keychain could not hold the remote key with out touching the steering colum.When the purse type is there the remote locking key is arrested in side the valet and only the car key will be out side.I take care and it will not slide.On hearing that you use with the house keys my valet weight is nothing.Bye
Closed Thread