Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th November 2009, 09:21   #1
BHPian

Default Hi Ranga from Bangalore

Hi

I am new to this Forum and joined couple of days back . I took delivery of my Scorpio M Hawak Yesterday and will like to add my driving experience and travelogue to Team BHP

Attached is the photograph of my new Scorpio
Attached Thumbnails
Hi  Ranga  from  Bangalore-team-bhp.jpg  

Old 12th November 2009, 10:12   #2
BHPian

Default welcome another banglorean,

Hey Ranga & welcome to the board. Hearty congratulations for your new vehicle. Hope u make lot of trips with your new vehicle & share your expreinces in this beautiful forum.

sree70
Bangalorean
Old 12th November 2009, 10:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to TBHP, looking good!! and congratz!

Do tell us more about yourself and how you decided on a SUV over a Sedan?
Old 12th November 2009, 10:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey ranga welcome to the group and congrats on your new beast. So one more from akka bangalore. Can you please share the dealership expereince from booking to delivary. How much did it cost on road,freebies,how many/what other vehicles did u TD etc etc.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:58   #5
BHPian

Test Drive :

Innova Test drive

On a Saturday morning , my brother and myself decided to take test drive of the two vehicles Innova and Scorpio .( My brother was pushing for a Scorpio while i was keen on a Innova ) Initially we wanted to go for a Innova and called Nandi Toyota . They arranged for a TD vehicle ( V series with 27K on the Odo )

The test drive started on some good roads in South Bangalore from Basavanagudi and went on to some bad roads . We felt Innova lacked proper tyres and there was a lot tumbling in the car . ( Myself and my brother exchanged seating in back & front to the TD )

Scorpio Test Drive

Next we called SKS who came very promptly for a test drive . We drove the Scorpio on the same roads ( M Hawak ) where we took innova to compare the ride quality. The ride quality on bad roads was better then Innova . Some body role was felt in the back, but we just fell in love with this vehicle and took some more time exploring the gear shifts , torque on the Scorpio . We also felt that Scorpio had that pick up which was lacking in innova .

Now once we were done with the test drive , myself and my brother visited SKS to check out colors and price . This was on Sunday (SKS was open on a Sunday )

ABS Test Drive

We again took the demo vehicle to NICE Road this time to test ABS . My brother went all the way to 150 + and did some hard breaking . The Scorpio came to a straight halt without any problem .We were completely convinced with breaking in top speeds on the Scorpio . Now when we did comparison analysis , Scorpio was offering ABS on all models ( Leaving out LX version )
If we needed to have ABS on a innnova , we had to go for a top end version ( Still do not understand the Toyota strategy on ABS . This is a safety feature and needs to be provided in G4 version ) This is where Innova was totally ruled out as we had to spend 13+ Lakhs to get a SUV/ MUV with ABS .

Scorpio - Choosing between SLE & VLX

Now having decided on Scorpio we wanted to buy the SLE version which was around 9.8 Lakhs on road . After doing a test drive on the Micro Hybrid version , we thought the difference between SLE & VLX was 1Lakh. For a Lakh we were getting a factory fitted mags , stereo , cruise control , audio control on the steering , Tytronics, and other sensors . So the decision was made , to go for a VLX version. The on road price was around 10. 8 Lakhs after all discounts.

Booking experience in SKS - Bannergatta Road ( Opp IIM Bangalore )

We booked the Scorpio the next wed and were promised by SKS that delivery can happen in next 1 week . ( At the time of delivery )

My down payment + HDFC loan was done on Wed and SKS had received loan approval on Thursday . Now after having done the booking my headaches started .

1. I was informed that due to some issues , the vehicle will not be available on next Wed .( Diamond white color was not available ) We wanted to take delivery on Wed as we were informed it was a auspicious day to take delivery . The SKS team said they were not aware of where the vehicle was and the trailer carrying the vehicle had some problem in the Karnataka border . Even after repeated calls , we had no clue on when the vehicle would arrive . So after a week of me booking the vehicle , i was informed that there would be a further delay in my vehicle delivery . Same time one of my cousins who knew Seerish auto called and informed me that vehicle was available in Seerish Auto.

SKS to Seerish Auto - New booking done in Seerish Auto

With SKS having no clue when they get the vehicle , i planned to shift from SKS to Seerish Auto ( After 10 days ,lots of calls -no clue SKS team ) . SKS team refunded us the money and i had to deposit this in my bank and then issue fresh cheque to Seerish . Now my loan amount was already credited by HDFC to SKS . Now SKS had to return it back to HDFC and HDFC had to make a fresh payment to Seerish . ( Simple book to book transfer can't happen even when both work with HDFC )

A word of caution to all who want to change dealership to get vehicle faster " Loan amounts will take 5 working days to get transferred from one dealer to the next dealer"

The reason is that the money has to get refunded and then it has to go back to there head office and a fresh payment has to be made to the dealers . I booked my vehicle in Seerish on Thursday and then had to wait almost a week to get the HDFC money transferred to Seerish .

After 6 days of wait , the delivery was scheduled for 11 th Nov -2009.

The story did not end here ......

While i was taking delivery of the vehicle , i got a shock of my life . My Cheque payment to Seerish had bounced . ( Vehicle was registered in my name by this time )

The main reason was that the refund i got from SKS had still not credited to my account and i had issued fresh chqs to Seerish team . With vehicle registered in my name, and i was about to lay hands on my beast, i was totally dumb stuck.

Seerish team with Ravindra and one of my relatives Pawan who work in Seerish came to my rescue . As Pawan my relative knew me well and they also were aware of the cash refund from SKS , they allowed me to take the vehicle home .

I immediately rushed to my bank, got a DD done in name of Seerish and called them to pick the same .

An hour later Ravindra from Seerish came to my house and picked up the DD.
Seerish team did really co operate with me in this regard and made my day. If not for them my beauty wouldn't have arrived home yesterday.

Moral of the story

1. Some auto dealers over commit delivery dates . Be extra careful and add + or - 2 days .
2. Check auspicious dates for taking delivery schedule . Make sure u have more then one date to take delivery .
3. Never think of changing dealers after loan amount is dispersed . Its really night mare situation . Some banks charge 1-2K as processing fee ( I paid 1K to HDFC for changing from SKS to Seerish)
4. Scorpio has a tieup with Royal Sundaram for Insurance. Get Insurance directly from them & shoukd cost app 24K ( Cash less transactions )

5. If u buy the same with dealers , they charge 36K INR ( U save 12K and can spend it on ICE for Ur Scorpio )

6. Before the dealer takes the vehicle for registration , check the chassis number and check if the scorpio is a 7 or a 8 seater . Its very easy to change the 7 seater version to 8 seater and then register it as a 8 seater . The vehicle with 7 seater ends with 7SF & for 8 seaters it would be 8FF ( FF stands for front facing , SF stands for Side facing )

7. SKS team did help me with the best test drive on Scorpio and made me switch from a strong must by Innova to a Scorpio M Hawk , but were not backed by there processing team who really were struggling . SKS Vinay helped me a lot and i was really disappointed that i had to go out for Seerish after having spent good quality test drive from SKS .

Last edited by Ranga : 12th November 2009 at 21:10.
Old 12th November 2009, 21:49   #6
BHPian

M & M is now offering 9K INR worth 2 + Year warranty free of cost . Other then that we had corporate discount and cash discounts with all standard fittings .

As my relative was working , they offered a bull bar for 50% of the cost . But some how i did not like the bull bar and like the plane Scorpio M Hawk
Old 12th November 2009, 21:57   #7
BHPian

SUV or Sedan ?

I already own a Santro Xing and did not want to go for a small car or a sedan ( did not want to buy a petrol car)

The option was either a Innova or Scorpio .

Innova is certainly a option for city driving , car like feeling and lots of space. As pointed out by many in TBHP site , Innova is for one who wants to sit and be driven around . This is certainly not for one who wants to actually drive .

Scorpio is more for some one who wants to drive and take it any where . Most of the sedans today have good engines , but lack ground clearance and cannot be taken out in highways where there is less of road , more of pot holes .
Old 13th November 2009, 10:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ranga, Congrats on the new beast. SO one more scorpio in the group. Nice explnation of your expereince with TD to delivary and points to look out for. But you know one thing. without a photo(one snap will not do. put some interior snaps also) of your new beast this thread doesn't have any value. it will be just a notepad. Put some pic of your beast ASAP. happy motoring and congrats once again
Old 14th November 2009, 00:31   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

welcome scorpio owner. Boy it's a story in itself as to how you got the beast home!
Old 14th November 2009, 11:20   #10
BHPian

My Second Photograph of my Beast .

I will add more pictures shortly
Attached Thumbnails
Hi  Ranga  from  Bangalore-team-bhp-2.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 12:20   #11
BHPian

Seerish Auto asked me to sign a bond for RTO registration that i will be using the 8 seater Scorpio for my personal use only . Has any one signed the same before taking a 8 seater vehicle in Bangalore ?
Old 19th November 2009, 01:23   #12
BHPian

Glad to have read your experience. You are right, more often than not, in the haste to get your business, and your cheque, the dealer reps will make commitments they know fully well they cannot keep, and once the check is cashed, then you hear stories such as yours (truck stuck on border, dont know where it is). Come on, guys, do they really think customers are stupid? Todays customer knows what he wants and does a whole lot of research before forking out 10.8 L on a new vehicle. Moral of the story, be 200 percent sure before you part with your money. Hats off on keeping your patience till you got the vehicle home, imagine touching it but not being able to drive it because the check bounced. Lots of lessons to be learned here. Best wishes, happy driving from one KA 03 to another.
Django
Old 19th November 2009, 13:02   #13
BHPian

Well Yes , My Patience was tested to the brink like i tested the Scorpio M Hawk on the test drive .
At some point of time during the whole buy we really go all out and say yes to what all the dealer has to say and i agree that we need to bargain all before buying the vehicle and not after having paid for the same . In my case even after paying the full 10.8Lakhs , SKS had no clue on when they could deliver the vehicle . I was passed with vague reasons of trailer not reaching Bangalore from Nasik .These days we track shipments leaving US, Europe and our dealers can't track a vehicle trailer from our neighboring state ????

End of the day the wait is worth as Scorpio has really a jem here . The vehicle is beauty on city roads , the cruise control is excellent on high ways ( I was on cruise control drive for almost 100 Kms from Salem to Bangalore Yesterday ) . The street presence is just amazing , people make way for the Scorpio . The car is amazingly silent even @ 80-100Kms .
Old 26th November 2009, 13:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ranga on the buy. The white beast looks the best. Though I love the new Violet color.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:04   #15
BHPian

Welcome board Ranga.
Banaloreans number increasing TBHP day by day.
Congrats Ranga for your new scorpio purchase. I hope you will use this for what it is built for.
Closed Thread

« Hello BHPians, | Hi »