Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2010, 11:53   #1
BHPian

Default It's My Alto - It's My Team Bhp, Now!!!

Hi Team Bhp'ians,

I least expected to find a mail from mods in 3 or 4 days flat after application and half expected to see the word APPROVED!!! Nevertheless, here I am, posting my first message after almost 4 years of browsing as a nonmember.

There were two main reasons (amongst others) I chose to get in here. One, I was getting a bit uncomfortable being an "outsider" for 4 years, I had a sense of belongingness, the urge to get an identity within the community rather than being one of the innumerous faceless browsers this portal enjoys. Second - the driving factor - I recently bought a car, needless to say, an Alto.

I am Anand from Bangalore, now 36, working in medical transcription industry. I have lived in Amchi Mumbai as a child and then grown old in Nashik. Shifted to Bangalore some 8 years ago, I am still trying hard to get to terms with differences in cultures which is supposed to be my own (I am a Kannadiga by birth).

I dont know what my Alto holds in store for me. More travel, more leisure, more photography or more bumper-to-bumpers and potholes. In any case, it would involve driving which currently I am simply loving. I like to capture moments with my Baba Aadam Ke Zamaane Ka digicam, a Canon 3.2 MP Powershot, but I use to it to the fullest of its capabilities. I love traveling which I hope to do more frequently now with my new Alto, and what's better than doing this with my wifey of 8 years and 4-year-old daughter.

I have read the rules and will be going over them more often until I get used to them, so I guess I keep myself happy posting more often and look forward to a long term relationship with ye all.

Regards,

itsmyalto.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:03   #2
BHPian

Hi Anand,

Congratulation..!!! and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Welcome to team-BHP.

Regards
KALINGA
Old 4th January 2010, 12:48   #3
BHPian

Hello Anand,

Happy new year and welcome to Team-bhp. The alto is a nice car and with maruti service backing you, I am sure you will not face any problems with it.
Looking forward to your captured moments with your alto.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:46   #4
BHPian

hi anand nice to see a new person from bangalore. so how are you?where do you work? congrats on your new car. I have a lot of experience with an alto my friend owns(as i have fixed it many times)? if you need any help just let me know.and welcome to the the team-bhp family.enjoy

Regards
Rocky
Old 4th January 2010, 19:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Alto,

Welcome on board. There will not be any compromise on rules in Team BHP. Better go through the rules a couple of times before posting. You are an Altovian. There are great people like Gansan with Alto in this forum.Who can suggest and correct regarding Alto issues. Make use of the forum.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:06   #6

Hi Anand,

TeamBHP ge Swagatha. Good to know that you are a kannadiga, grown up in different parts of India. Good to experience different cultures. You also belong to Maruti family. See you around.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi Anand,

Congratulation..!!! and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Welcome to team-BHP.

Regards
KALINGA
Thanks and Happy New year to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Hello Anand,

Happy new year and welcome to Team-bhp. The alto is a nice car and with maruti service backing you, I am sure you will not face any problems with it.
Looking forward to your captured moments with your alto.
Sure, Alto is a good one and VFM. Until I post some photos, you may want to check Flickr: anandvrao's Photostream .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
...I have a lot of experience with an alto my friend owns(as i have fixed it many times)? if you need any help just let me know.and welcome to the the team-bhp family.enjoy

Regards
Rocky
Good to know that and thanks for the help, but I guess and hope I wont need any. Hope we bump into each other some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Alto,

Welcome on board. There will not be any compromise on rules in Team BHP. Better go through the rules a couple of times before posting. You are an Altovian. There are great people like Gansan with Alto in this forum.Who can suggest and correct regarding Alto issues. Make use of the forum.
I've made a note of that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenjatti1 View Post
Hi Anand,

TeamBHP ge Swagatha. Good to know that you are a kannadiga, grown up in different parts of India. Good to experience different cultures. You also belong to Maruti family. See you around.
Thanks for the hearty welcome.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ah ha! Another addition to the Alto club! Welcome.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Ah ha! Another addition to the Alto club! Welcome.
Tx Gansan, I was perplexed to see far less Alto owners here than one can see on roads, so Alto-specific answers are kind of difficult to find or is there any Alto Owners Association on Team BHP??
Old 18th January 2010, 11:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

There are quite a few! Do a search for Alto and find out.
Old 19th January 2010, 01:28   #11
BHPian

Alto seems to be a pretty good choice for a first car. Welcome in bro. I wonder why you waited so long to join Team BHP.

Warm Wishes on your new car.
Old 25th January 2010, 10:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Alto seems to be a pretty good choice for a first car. Welcome in bro. I wonder why you waited so long to join Team BHP.

Warm Wishes on your new car.

Thanks Johnny. Like they say, there is always a specific time for everything to happen. Although I have mentioned the reasons for deciding on joining in here, I never "waited" for a time to arrive to join. I applied when I thought, it was time to join. Thanks once again.
Closed Thread