Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2010, 14:29   #1
BHPian

Default I got in!! I got in!! WOHOO!!!

Greetings! to all the other members, and am just so glad my membership was accepted.. It did take me 3 attempts lol but finally i am here, and here to stay.

To tell you all a little about me, i am 30 years old, currently living in Siliguri (district Darjeeling) W.B. Born here, but due to my fathers work, we shifted to Kathmandu at the age of 1, then to Hong Kong for the rest of my childhood years. After that it was off to Australia (just me) for my higher studies where i spent 8 years of my life studying then working. Came back to Siliguri from Australia in 2008 with the hope of getting into the real estate business, which is what I have been doing since then.

Educational background is in business (management & marketing).

Ever since i was a child, i was always attracted to cars and bikes. Am very happy i am a part of a group that shares my passion for these fine engineering beauties.

I have attached a few pics of my biking trips that my friends and I had taken, I do hope you all enjoy them.. the first one was taken on our road trip to Thimpu (Bhutan), and the second one was taken at a place called Tiger Hill in Darjeeling. Rest assured more will follow in the future. :-).
Attached Thumbnails
I got in!! I got in!! WOHOO!!!-picture-364.jpg  

I got in!! I got in!! WOHOO!!!-p1010195.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 18:24   #2
BHPian

Hello Amrish. Lovely pics you've got there. I presume you own the Pulsar. Which one of them is yours? Oh and also, where are you in the picture? I mean, which one of those guys are you?
Seems like you like road trips on two wheels. It'll be great if you update our travelogue section with your biking adventures.

Make sure you have a look at the rules.

Welcome to the Team!!

See you around!!

Cartman.

Last edited by Cartman : 5th March 2010 at 18:26.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:37   #3
BHPian

hey cartman, absolutely! You all will be getting a detailed travel journal in the coming days.

As to what bike i own, right now i own a Pulsar 220 DTS-fi, bought in 2008 September.

In the first picture, i am the guy wearing the blue jacket, and then in the second picture i am the one on the far right in the red jacket.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome :-)
Old 5th March 2010, 18:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Tiger Hill in Darjeeling. Rest assured more will follow in the future. :-).
Welcome aboard mate.
Been to "tiger hill" for the Sun rise and to see the "golden" Himalayan range and Kanjanjunga (did I spell it right ?), looooong back I was probably 11years old then.
It was on a trip Calcutta>Siliguri>Dargeeling.

Looking forward for more pics.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:59   #5
BHPian

Hi yzfrj, it seems the correct spelling is "Kanchenjunga", and i have to admit I too had to do a google search to find the right spelling :-).

Oh so you have been to tiger Hill. Good to know you have visited my part of the world. I think viewing the sunrise from there is one of those must do touristy things if you are ever in Darjeeling. Our trip was a bit different. Instead of going there in the morning, we went there at midnight on a full moon day to watch a moonlit Mt. Kanchenjunga, and let me tell you, it was an experience of a lifetime. I will inform you once i put up the pics, so stay tuned.

amrish
Old 5th March 2010, 19:31   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

kanchenjunga looks imposing. A single peak glistening like gold. It's a sight one can't forget that easily! I still remember the same that I saw when I was probably 14.
Closed Thread