Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2010, 00:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default I'm in..finally!

Hello everyone,

I'm very happy that my Team-BHP has been approved today after quite a few attempts! Thanks to all the moderators and all the members who make Team-BHP a wonderful place.

I'm a software engineer by profession. Happily married, and we have a daughter who's just finished her first year in school.

I've been interested in cars (in general, not so much the technical aspects) for a long time, but I've never been very keen on driving. Not surprising then, that I don't own any vehicles. Although I got my DL almost 9 years ago, I "survived" without driving till about 9 months back! Then my brother-in-law came to stay with us and he bought one of my in-laws' cars with him. Since then, I've haven't been able to use the "I don't have a car" excuse and I've been forced to drive

I've been thinking of buying a car for about an year now. I was initially looking at Swift (default choice), but then I wanted something newer. That's when I heard that Maruti is planning to launch the Ritz. While searching for information on the Ritz on the internet, I found Team-BHP! Since then I've been a frequent visitor to the forums. I had almost decided on the Punto (influenced by my brother, whose 10-year old Uno is still going strong). But then I ran out of money when I bought an apartment. With my finances in slightly better shape now, I'm hoping to buy a car in the next 2-3 months.

I hope to be a part of this Team for a long time! Thanks once again to all the members!
Old 12th April 2010, 19:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi StarrySky

Its surprising how you resists driving for so long. Glad to see that you are going to bite the bullet now. Look up ownership reviews on the forum to help you finalize your car. Should be very helpful. Take a stop by the Rules and Announcements to understand the forum protocol.
Closed Thread