Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2010, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Default Yeppieee! I made it..

Hi all,

I am just too excited. Since the last four to five months, I have been a regular guest to this wonderful forum. Been following most of the threads so closely that some of the users feel like part of family to me. Although it took me two attempts to get my registration approved, I feel on top of the world.

Okay, holding back my excitement, let me introduce myself. I am 25 years of age, working as a software consultant in Bangalore. Absolutely 'Live to drive' like all Bhpians. Proud owner of a red swift Vxi.
Hope to get to know you all better in the days to come.

Cheers!!
Old 9th April 2010, 13:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-bhp.

Hope you have a great time here.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Welcome to Team-bhp.

Hope you have a great time here.
Thank you bblost. Been jumping around announcing my membership with T-Bhp to all since morning. However, didn't get a very excited response from my girlfriend. I am hoping this is a very common phenomena
Old 9th April 2010, 17:43   #4
BHPian

Welcome.

Like your avatar.
Don't expect gf’s / wife’s to be too cooperative.

UM
Old 9th April 2010, 18:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
Welcome.

Like your avatar.
Don't expect gf’s / wife’s to be too cooperative.

UM
Thanks UniqueMods. Considering quite a few people have liked my avatar, I dont think my girlfriend will fancy it too much.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:20   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard. Hope you acquire fun filled knowledge. I also am excited to see the avatar. Looks so nice when you have your co-passenger's mouth shut.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
...However, didn't get a very excited response from my girlfriend...
LOL. Its only going to get worse

I think we have a dedicated thread on "a wife / girlfriend's perspective of TBHP" -- can someone link to it? I can't seem to find it.

Welcome aboard!
cya
R
Old 12th April 2010, 09:39   #8
BHPian

Thanks a lot Rehaan and Maxwell Arthur.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

welcome on board XLR8

I liked you avatar photo a lot. Its different !
Old 12th April 2010, 12:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
welcome on board XLR8

I liked you avatar photo a lot. Its different !
Thanks a lot for the greeting joshguy. The fact that I am a Tbhpian is still sinking into me. Been walking/driving around with head held high. Although, I dont have a Tbhp sticker on my ride
Next mission- mark my ride to make it proud too.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:57   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Been jumping around announcing my membership with T-Bhp to all since morning. However, didn't get a very excited response from my girlfriend. I am hoping this is a very common phenomena
Welcome Abroad,

Even I felt so elated after getting my membership that I rang up my entire family giving them this good news, yes, I indeed consider this one of my biggest achievement (after struggling for 12 attempts),

However, My wife is extremely supportive of me being hooked on this site for hours together, provided I take care of her requirements on time, I am just getting there now-a-days.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Welcome Abroad,

Even I felt so elated after getting my membership that I rang up my entire family giving them this good news, yes, I indeed consider this one of my biggest achievement (after struggling for 12 attempts),

However, My wife is extremely supportive of me being hooked on this site for hours together, provided I take care of her requirements on time, I am just getting there now-a-days.
Thank you Shantanumishra. I should try introducing my girlfriend to this site as well. I am sure there might be a cookery/junk jewels/hair care thread in there somewhere that should get her hooked.

I better be prepared with some explanation on my avatar though.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:39   #13
BHPian

Hi there Xlr8. Nice avatar. Atleast as you said, there should be some cookery or grooming thread so as to keep our partner happy. I think my would be wife is quite ok with tbhp. Thank God. She is another petrolhead. Anyway, xlr8, introduce your girlfriend to tbhp. Be proud man.
warning : Don't allow her to get hooked up to tbhp. If she gets addicted, be prepared to do your household chores once you get married.
Old 13th April 2010, 00:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome XLR8. If this is the running trend by Girlfriends, I suppose in future requirements of the girls will be that the prospective groom should be Non-BHPian.

Enjoy the forum buddy. It's way addictive that's why I'm late for my college and sleep till late on holidays.
Old 13th April 2010, 09:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Hi there Xlr8. Nice avatar. Atleast as you said, there should be some cookery or grooming thread so as to keep our partner happy. I think my would be wife is quite ok with tbhp. Thank God. She is another petrolhead. Anyway, xlr8, introduce your girlfriend to tbhp. Be proud man.
warning : Don't allow her to get hooked up to tbhp. If she gets addicted, be prepared to do your household chores once you get married.
Thanks drdeepudev. My girfriend/fianci is far from being a petrol head. I am working on it although a crash course is not possible. She likes cars though. She likes long interstate drives too. (Phew!) She just turns into a monster at the thought of me giving her less attention than my poor car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Welcome XLR8. If this is the running trend by Girlfriends, I suppose in future requirements of the girls will be that the prospective groom should be Non-BHPian.

Enjoy the forum buddy. It's way addictive that's why I'm late for my college and sleep till late on holidays.

Hey tsk13. That sure will be a scary thought for the ones who are yet to find a partner yeah. I have never got so addicted to any other community apart from TBhp. All said and done, there's everything you will ever need, right here in this forum. Unbelievably informative. Hats off to all the moderators who have been doing an excellent job in maintaining the quality. I just hope I am able to maintain a healthy balance at work. Its already on a 30:70 split ie., Tbhp:work
Closed Thread