Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2010, 19:00   #1

Smile Hello Everyone

Hi Bhpians,
Finally, I have made up my mind to introduce myself to fellow TBhpians. It's not that I am new to this family, it's just that I felt bit lazy in putting up a post. Don't know why, but since last few days, started feeling guilty for not introducing myself to the fellow TBhpians, that too when I daily go through the various posts. Please forgive me for this delay.

Ok, First things first:
I am Manish & I am from Delhi. However I am currently staying in Bangalore whipping up lines of code(rather copy-pasting from somewhere) in an IT firm. I have joined the 30's club few months back(OMG it's been 6 mnths). Time seems to fly by very fast.

I don't remember when I got to know about Team-BHP but it was few years back while Googling for some car-info. Actually, since then I have been glued to this site. Man, I was amazed to see the vast knowledge-base here and people always ready to help each other. In the first attempt my membership request was rejected but I still used to go through the forums. Soon I realized that I was addicted to this site. Now whenever any friends used to ask me about cars, I used to direct them to this site knowing that they would surely find answers to all their queries.

The turning point which led me to apply for membership again:
I was going through one of the forums on "Zen Modification(5 Star)" and was surprized to get the amount of info there. After that spent nights going through that thread & others(inspite of having the interviews next day) to pull up info on zen & decided to go for some modification for my car too.
Slowly with work pressure & as I was looking for new job, both tasks(my intro & car-modification) took the back seat. Finally decided to start the process again with giving my intro first.

Cars I own:
I own a Maruti Zen LX(2002), bought from Maruti True Value in 2005. The car dosen't have much running. Till date it must have done hardly 50K & when I bought it, the odo was around 40-42K. It was the first car in my family & I learnt driving on that. Sometimes I think of buying a new car but then my love for this cutie stops me from going ahead. After going through the "Zen Modification" thread, I have decided NOT to sell it, instead spruce it up, and most important, drive it..

My interests:
I am a novice when it comes to cars and try to spend my free time gathering knowledge about cars(how the mechanicals work) & photography & obviously coding.

I am glad to be part of this team & hope I'll be able to contribute to make this place even better.

Regards,
Manish
Old 12th April 2010, 20:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

A Delhi guy coding in Bangalore sounds interesting. Welcome aboard Manish. The Zen is still one the best hatches in the country even today. I can say that since I have owned one previously too. The Zen Mod thread will surely help you in your quest to do up your jelly bean.

Do stop by the Announcements to understand the forum etiquettes. See you around.
Closed Thread