Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2010, 04:58   #1
BHPian

Smile Hi all riders and drivers.

Dear fellow BHPians

I am absolutely thrilled today to get my “membership approved” mail from the moderators! It was my third attempt. The first attempt was a lousy one liner. My bad. The second one did not break ice but the third one cracked it! Feels awesome to be a part of this community. Every post on this forum is like a pearl of wisdom. I got hooked to Team-Bhp a month back when I googled for Ford Figo. I read the Figo Test Drive review by GTO. I also read numerous Initial Ownerbship reports on Figo by BHPians. This helped me to book a Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium (Diamond White colour) without fear. I sincerely thank all BHPians for the first-rate advice.

About me:

Currently I live in Noida (alone). I work with HCL as an IT Consultant. I'm going to turn 30 soon. They say life starts at 30. I'm looking forward for the fun to start! Also my bachelor days will soon be over as I'm on a lookout for a better half.

I belong to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh (a district bordering the states of Uttrakhand and Haryana). It’s famous for paper/ wood craft industry and mangoes. I am an engineering graduate (Electrical and Electronics). I’ve done my schooling from The Lawrence School, Sanawar (class of 1999).

I spend my free time and office time (occasionally) reading great stuff on Team-Bhp. As I’m going to own my first car (soon), I get intrigued by any discussion on cars. Team-Bhp is enriching my life with first-rate automobile knowledge. I hope to make new friends here too.

My experience of driving cars has been with my dad’s Opel Corsa 1.6 and my mum’s Maruti 800. That’s about it. I like both the cars, one for its pick-up and the other for easy driving in traffic. We are planning to replace the M-800 soon. Dad owns an Oakland 1929 (vintage car). It’s a real jewel.

What I ride is “Built Like A Gun, Runs Like A Bullet”. Yes! It’s a Royal Enfield Bullet, 1983 (Special Edition). I own a RE Thunderbird, 2007 too. I did a Delhi-Leh-Delhi tour last year on my Thunderbird. It was the ride of my life! I will post a travelogue later on Team-Bhp. My dad owned an Indian Chief motorcycle (one with a passenger car). It was sold off by my dad’s nephews. I have always regretted that it is gone especially when I watch “The World's Fastest Indian” movie. I don’t have much knowledge about cars or bikes but I love them. In cars, I admire BMWs and Ferraris. In bikes, Royal Enfield and Harleys. Someday I wish to own a BMW SUV and a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I’m not sure of the model as yet but these brands are legendary.

Outside automobiles, I listen to rock music (and other genres too). Occasionally, I strum my acoustic guitar. I love food and I’m trying my hand at cooking these days. I’m a vegetarian so no eggs and legs for me. I like photography and travel. I like to make friends despite the fact I’m the quiet types.

Once again I want to thank all BHPians for keeping it real, here on Team-Bhp.

See you around fellows!

Ride Safe, Ride Smart and Ride Hard!

Name:  Moore Plains August 2009.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  43.1 KB
(At Moore Plains, Ladakh, India, August 2009)
Old 7th May 2010, 17:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Kage9091. Have a nice time here. Eagerly looking forward to your Leh travelogue after seeing your stunning picture
Old 7th May 2010, 18:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Welcome Kage9091. Have a nice time here. Eagerly looking forward to your Leh travelogue after seeing your stunning picture
Thanks mallumowgli. I will post my Leh travelogue soon. Glad you liked the picture.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:42   #4
BHPian

It happened with me too, after about fourth try my account at Team Bhp was opened, its a lesson for us that BEST THINGS IN LIFE YOU DONT GET EASILY

Welcome to family and hope you have a nice stay.

DRIVE SAFE & BE SAFE !!!

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2010 at 18:15. Reason: STRICTLY no sms language please. Corrected
Old 9th May 2010, 04:55   #5
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf9211 View Post
Welcome to family and hope you have a nice stay.

DRIVE SAFE & BE SAFE !!!
thanks airwolf9211. Its great to be here
Old 13th May 2010, 02:37   #6
BHPian

Cool Ford Figo Cometh!

My Ford Figo (Titanium 1.4 TDCi in white) is arriving home, in about a week's time!

I'm damn excited to own my first car
Closed Thread