Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2010, 15:46   #1
BHPian

Smile The Ice-breaker.

Introductions are tough, written ones even more. Anyway, here goes.

The first 17 years of my life were spent travelling at most a few kilometres around my house with rare family get-togethers happenning at most a few hundred kms outside Chennai. Then BITS, Pilani happened, my venture into "North" India. After the usual college antics, i landed up in Bangalore with a job and a Bajaj Caliber. The next two years in Bangalore were spent travelling on my bike, at most a few dozen kilomteres, to various cricket grounds in Bangalore.

Then, something happened which changed my home-office-cricket-dinner-home personality forever. I got an offer to move to a job in Cyprus in 2001(It is a mere conincidence that i got married at the same time). Cyprus is a very small island (200*400 kms) in the middle of the meditterranean sea. Part of the package was a car loan with which i promptly purchased a second-hand Mitsubishi Lancer. This was when i was hit by the travel bug. I started travelling all over Cyprus, the touristy places and the remote ones too. Every weekend was one new place marked off. Starting off with Been-there-done-that photography, i slowly evolved into taking photography seriously and am currently at a state good enough to impress amateur freinds and family! Over the years, i became the weekend-planner for many of my colleagues in Cyprus. Around 2007, i started a Cyprus blog (triptocyprus.com) documenting my trips with directions and lots of photographs. This blog earned me lot of friends in the traveller circles and helped me discover more and more remote places in Cyprus. Eight years in Cyprus clocked over 80000 kms.

Around the April of 2009, i and my wife (with a 6 month kid in tow) decided to repatriate and ended up in Pune. We had decided back in Cyprus that the next vehicle we would buy would be a "big" one as both of us loved travelling to offbeat places and we wanted company too. Team BHP forums helping me decide between the various options i had and i finally purchased a Xylo E8 around June 2009.

One year and 10000 kms later, here i am, on the forums to give back, in any small way possible to the people out there looking for help. I am not a car-techie, have absolutely no idea about the relation between rpm/cc/hp etc and don't care too. All that matters is the experience and i am loving my Xylo.

I hang around in the "travelogues" forum for most of the time trying to decide on the place to go to, the next weekend. Hopefully, i should be able to write about places which you would want to go to, next.

If you are still here, thanks for reading this long introduction.
Attached Images

Old 17th May 2010, 15:57   #2
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board. Nice to see a BITsian here. If you'd graduated in 1999, there's a possibility we'd have seen each other in campus!
Also good to see that you again are a doting father. Surprised that you've bought a fisher price tricycle for your 6 month old this early!
Old 17th May 2010, 15:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Another travel bug joins the community. Great to have you on board. I have seen a lot of Cyprus but only on the Travel & Living Channel. It would be cool to read your trip logs from that country. Also how about a year ownership review on your Xylo?

Take a stop at the Announcements to understand the forum protocol. Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 17th May 2010, 16:47   #4
BHPian

@ Rajarams: Welcome to TBHP.

But don't use the phrase ICE-breaker ever again. There are people on this forum who are so passionate about their ICE installations that they might get offended by your use of such terms. He he he. Just kidding.

Welcome aboard.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Welcome on board. Nice to see a BITsian here. If you'd graduated in 1999, there's a possibility we'd have seen each other in campus!
Also good to see that you again are a doting father. Surprised that you've bought a fisher price tricycle for your 6 month old this early!
MX, She was 6 months old when we moved to India, one year back. The only place we could have met on campus is on the cricket grounds because thats the only place i used to go to, other than my room!

thx @Devil

Dippy, want to know anything about Cyprus, i will be glad to help.
Closed Thread