Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2010, 13:08   #1

Default Newbe (wonderwheels) reporting !

Good morning All,
This is wonderwheels reporting!. I am sure all you guys on this forum would relate to my joy of being accepted by the moderators, this very morning. I was third time lucky as my previous two requests were unsuccessful.

Anyways when compared to other members who have been accepted after nearly 5-10 attempts, I consider myself quite lucky!. Came to know of this forum while browsing the internet for buying my family's first car and i must admit that you guys in general have really made my task of finding that perfect car (according to my requirements) a very pleasant experience. The reviews posted here were extremely informative as well as being neutral coupled with the reviews of the real users themselves, one cannot go wrong in his search for that piece of engineering marvel called "car". Hence, based on GTO's excellent review of the Ford Figo and its overall acceptance by many here, I have booked a sea grey Figo 1.2 ZXI and anxiously waiting for its delivery.

This would be my family's first car as both my parents don't know to drive. This is wonderwheels signing off whilst promising you guys that i will be posting you about my first car experience! Cheers till then!
Old 28th May 2010, 13:37   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheels View Post
Good morning All,
Hi Wonderwheels !

Welcome on board ! What a coincidence my best friend booked Sea Grey Ford Figo and also awaiting for the delivery.

Dwell around the rules section and acquaint all the rules. Mods are doing a great job keeping this community clean.

Keep Revvin,

Cheers !
Otomobil.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Wonderwheels,

Welcome aboard. Do post your buying experience and once you get the car then your vehicle review and ownership experience with lots of snaps.

Ciao
Old 29th May 2010, 10:11   #4

Thanks guys for welcoming me.
Hi Otomobil it does look like a lot of people who opted for the sea grey Figo are waiting for their dreamwheels. Initially there was some chatter regarding this particular colour figos being delivered late because of the paint consignment being lost in transit. Also it was said that the problem had been overcome and normal production had commenced, but the results are yet to be seen !. I booked mine on April 15th and was like many others on this forum, was promised delivery within a month. I have been calling the guys at Cauvery ford regularly but they always say that i will be getting it in the weekend and finally after a couple of weeks say it will be delievered at the end of the month. Any Idea when your friend booked his figo and the expected delivery ?.
Hi Khoj, will surely post the pics and my initial review of the vehicle if only i can get my hands on one !. The waiting coupled with the casual responses from the dealer here is getting on my nerves. Is this waiting period a norm for anyone buying a car ?. I remember buying my two wheelers involved getting to the dealer with cash in your hand and riding off on your bike that very evening !. Pleasurable experience indeed when compared to this experience. Will surely keep you guys posted, take care, cheers !!
Closed Thread